Monday, May 22, 2006

The De Vinci Code

I don’t like going to movie theaters but about once a year there is a new movie that comes out that I would like to see right away instead of waiting for it to show up at Star Video so I can rent it and watch it at home. So when I mentioned to Helen that I would like to go see The De Vinci Code she jumped right on that as she loves to go to the movies. (Helen for those of you that don’t know her is a wonderful old lady of eighty-three that is my neighbor. She wants to die in her home of sixty years so I take care of her and the things that need to be done there hoping that it will allow her to do just this, I’ll write more about her at some other time)

The movie was great I thought, it followed the book pretty well. They call it fiction but I think it is closer to the truth than the bible and all of its fiction. Jesus was just a regular guy that got spiritual, and it got him killed. Not so much because he got spiritual but because he was fussing at the established power and money mongers. Jesus and his band of merry drunks where a pain in the butt too them.

Some of the action was very fast and intense and the scenes where short, it would have been better were it a longer movie without things moving along so fast. The lady backing her car through a busy street to get away from the police was pretty intense and exciting and even though it was staged it was still a pretty cool scene. The scene where her parents get killed in an automobile accident is short and unexpected, it jumps right out at you and is pretty graphic. It’s not a scene for the weak of heart.

The theory that Jesus was married to Mary and that they had offspring has always been something that I have believed for a long time. It comes from something I was taught at a very young age, but they are just vague memories, I really can’t recall where I got that training at. I don’t think that there will ever be anyway to prove this but I suspect that there are a lot of people on this planet that has the DNA (bloodline) of Jesus and Mary flowing through them, maybe millions. But I don’t consider that royal blood as the movie and book states. It’s not the blood that flows through people that make them important to the rest of the world, it’s the spirituality that flows through them that is important and that spirituality can flow through anyone of any race. It’s an evolving spirituality that still has a long way to go and I call it God. And that is why I keep stating that we are God in evolution. Never mind that Jesus thought the spirit of God flowed through him, the problem is that the spirit of God doesn’t flow through enough people these days. It’s stupid that they just allow themselves to follow religions. The cosmos told me that this is so and I fully believe it even though I haven’t figured out how to convincingly present it to the rest of the world in a way that they will believe it. I’ve written so many documents about it that it may take someone else to go through them all and sort it all out into something more coherent.

Anyway, as I said, great movie even if the Christian world is against it. It will be discussed on a lot of blogs I’m sure. It was a good day, after the movie we went to the Cornerhouse Café for dinner and then stopped at Reggie’s (a tavern) to see what was going on there. I sat next to Judy, she is always a lot of fun to sit by, great sense of humor. She, her partner Roger and I hiked up to the hot springs last Saturday, it’s a 2.3 mile walk from the end of the road. She got to talking about that and how much they enjoyed it and was glad that I had invited them along. I always invite others to go with me as company always makes the walk more enjoyable and it seems to go faster than when I go alone.

But she isn’t in the best of shape even though she is over ten years younger than I am. She told me that she really admired how I was able to make it seem like the hike was easy and that it was very hard for her to keep up. It really is an easy hike but I didn’t mind that we had to stop a few times so she could get a bit of rest, we wasn’t in any hurry anyway. She said that she wanted to stop more often but that she was determined to keep up with the old fart, that was kind of funny but I’ve got great genes and have just held up well even though I’ve often been hard on my body.

I only stopped for one beer or two and to chat with friends for a bit but a band came in and started setting up and Helen wanted to stay (she doesn’t drink but she loves music and bullshit) and listen too the band so we stayed for a while longer, I don’t think much of the band but they did one love song that a lady that was there wrote and it was pretty good. The lady’s name is Janie, if I spelled it right, we used to do karaoke together and she is a lot of fun, she wrote a pretty nice song. Yup, it was a good day.

Big in the news is the story about the horse that got hurt and now has no chance at the Triple Crown. Big deal, cry me a river. It’s just one horse when hundreds, maybe thousands of horses get hurt everyday. It bothers me that they make a big deal out of one horse when there is twenty thousand people dying of starvation everyday, what about them? Human’s !! Their narrow minds have more compassion for one horse than they do people. Some anyway, most people on this planet could care less about that horse. In a few weeks all those people will be excited about some other horse. Race horses aren’t so hot, good only for short races, there are thousands of horses on this planet that can run them into the ground.

So it won’t race again, that isn’t the end of the world, it was only being used for the entertainment of humans anyway, it can still serve a useful purpose being a stud, or hamburger, or dog food. And before anyone blows up about what I just said I want to point out that this is exactly what happens to hundreds or thousands of horses everyday. They serve a useful purpose by being part of the food chain, dogs and people have to eat also. It’s life on this planet and the bleeding hearts should just get over it. Yeah, bury a broken horse, starve a dog or person, how much sense does that make?

No comments: