I read an opinion (news article) that even though there has been much money directed towards eliminating poverty that there really hasn’t been much headway. One of the biggest reasons of course is the greed of the governments and organizations receiving the money and products. They just keep a lot of it for themselves and put the products on black markets. So yes, it is still a rotten world where twenty to thirty thousand people die of starvation everyday because they can’t get enough to eat for any number of reasons.
I fuss about poverty and greed all the time but It’s never been my objective to get rid of poverty. Some people are simply too lazy to work enough to rise above poverty, some of them don’t really care about a lot of material things. What I really fuss about is people starving to death, I don’t think there is any excuse for that. Everyone should be able to get enough food to get by even if they live under a tree. Maybe even a few clothes and blankets.
But I see no reason to give them more than that unless they are willing to work for more. It’s a shame though that greedy governments and people don’t at least see that all people get something to eat. I hate greed, it’s one reason I hate the stock markets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment