The Problem With Tolerance.
A poster on Scott’s Dilbert blog said: The problem isn't "religion" or even "different religions". The problem is a lack of tolerance, which is preached by certain religions. There's no need to eliminate religions; just brainwash everyone to be tolerant. I don't know if that's easy, but if you destroy religious faiths, they still want to bomb other people.
Right, brainwash everyone into being tolerant, like that will ever work. I’ve been places where that was preached, in fact it is preached a lot of places, and it doesn’t even work there. The folks sit around talking about their views and the rest sit there thinking that the speaker is a frigging idiot and at times I have gotten in some pretty heated arguments with some of them. They may be peaceful about it for the most part but they really aren’t being tolerant other than in a silent way. The problem with accepting others religions and beliefs is that it hasn’t worked for fourteen thousand years, give or take a few years.
Ever since the first two groups of people discovered each other this has been a problem. They may get along just fine and do a little trading and such but then they start trying to tell each other about God the next thing you know they are picking up clubs and going at each other. After they have killed some of both sides off they decide to try to be tolerant of each other. Then they start talking to each other again, then pick up clubs and start swinging again. Religious talk always puts a little insanity in people.
Maybe all governments should just make a rule that no one can talk about religion, as in just shut the fuck up. It’s difficult enough just talking philosophies with others without getting into disagreements. Maybe this is why some bars have a rule of no talking about religion and politics. It’s stupid to think that there is an omnipotent God anyway, or to fear him. But Mrs. God, there is something to fear and try to understand.
Off the grid
Some folks just do not absorb what you tell them. I told one lady that I am capable of living off of the grid so she apparently thinks that I do. But that isn’t what I said at all. Of course I’m on the power grid, it’s more expense and work to make your own electricity, I just have the things needed to make my own power in case something happens to the grid. I stock water (lots of it), food, firewood, have a solar panel and twelve volt system and such.
She seems to think that everyone that is as prepared as possible for a natural disaster (or a war) is a selfish bastard, or bitch, seeing as I know some women that also are. Why anyone would think that I don’t know, unless it’s because it of all the medications she is on.
A Big void
I’ve torn an old pickup camper apart because June 11th is free dump day and I can get rid of all the scrap that I can’t recycle then. It sure seems to have left a big empty space in the yard, I have a much better view of the street now. Hum, maybe I should tear this other camper apart next year. The down side is that I have one less thing to hide behind when I’m in the yard and have the urge to take a leak.
Rain today, a good excuse to not work in the yard but go to the beach instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment