There is a website a person can go to and have the files on the computer blessed by Jesus. Maybe I should have my girlie folder blessed? Na, but I do keep it backed up. Trusting ones files to some spirit is plain foolish and blessing them isn’t the same as protecting them. Not that I see where blessing them would do any good either. My computer was custom built by the cranky guy across the street and has an extra hard drive, two CD drives and a piece of shit Zip drive that I no longer use. One cool feature is that the main hard drive is a slide out so I can remove it quickly, like if the place starts to burn down.
I don’t have the second hard drive plugged in and running most of the time, just when I want to save something to it. I figure that saves wear and tear on the bearings and such. You never know when a computer might take a crap so I also burn my files to CD’s and store them in a safety deposit box at the bank. When I take another CD to the bank I tell the girls I have another CD to add to my porn collection and they giggle. I also send many of my emails and documents to a Yahoo mail address that I pay extra for because I get more space. Even if my computer fries and my CD’s go to hell I will still have most of my work stored on the Internet where I can retrieve it. I assume of course that Yahoo backs up.
I have files saved through the lives of three computers and they are important to me. Anyone wanting too make sure they never lose their files need to remind themselves to back up more often so they don’t lose all their work. And I would never keep all those files in just one place, like at home, shit happens and homes can burn down. So remember, backup !!
So I was sitting in a bar last night playing free bingo (the old neighbor lady likes to go there and doesn’t drive so I take her) when the bartender told a customer that she didn’t think that she had charged him for the last drink, she is nice but a bit of an airhead. He had a bunch of bills in front of him and told her to take whatever she wanted. She said "If I take what I want you will be broke." He replied "And if I take what I want you will be sore." Ha, ha, ha, good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment