Monday, June 26, 2006

Experiences

The following is from my diary of 6/25/2006

This town has more goddamn stupid people in it than anywhere I've ever been in my life, I think.

If Marlene (A lady that I do odds and ends for) happens to be in the Eagles when I go there I always go over and talk to her for a bit, maybe give her a little hug, sometimes dance a time or two with her. Friday evening I dropped Helen off there so she could enjoy the music, I came home for a few hours and then went back to pick her up. Marlene was there so I went over to talk to her a bit, made arrangements to go do a few things for her. She told me today when I was at her place to do some yard work for her that the other night someone had said something about me being her boyfriend. You have to wonder how people get stupid ideas like that.

So when I got done with the work I went up on the porch and said "Okay girlfriend, I'm done." What the hell, might as well have some fun with it, now anytime she is in the Eagles I will say nice and loud "Hi girlfriend." Anymore when I meet new people I just tell them "Everything you hear about me is true." They are either smart enough to sort out truth from fiction or they are not, I don't give a damn anymore. If someone isn't willing to get to know me personally before drawing conclusions and making judgements that is their problem, not mine. Ya know what I mean?

And sometimes maybe I do just say a little too much, even if it is the truth. Recently I was in Reggie's and I met Shar's new friend, I like him, we talk a lot alike. Shar is a very attractive lady with a nice chest that I have known for some time, I wouldn't date her but we are friends of sorts, bar friends I guess you would say. I take my bar friends with a grain of salt though. I enjoy talking to her and she likes to read the things I write that I share with her.

The reason I wouldn't date her is because she is a spoiled brat with too many attitudes and no compromises. Everything is Shar's way or the highway and she goes through men like water. I don't need that crap in my life, not from a woman that drove her husband to blow his brains out.

Anyway, after they left I said to Phil "She sure has him pussy whipped." That was a true statement is all, he had even said as much earlier, but it sure upset Claire, she got pissed at me and told me it was a sexist statement. So I guess the truth is sexist these days? I told her I didn't think it was sexist, just the truth salted with some humor. But Claire doesn't know me so if she wants to jump to such a conclusion I guess she just can.

Soon...... Shar and Rod came back for another beer, when Shar went to the restroom Claire followed her in there and told her what I said. When she came back and sat down I could see that she was grinding that up in her head and then decided to be okay with it. I think Shar just grew a bit in that moment. When they left again she touched me to show me that it was okay. So Claire will just have to be pissed all by herself. There are a lot of people in this town that could get a better education and some psychology.

Went out on the spit this evening (last evening to the reader) as it was so warm here, on the way I stopped to walk to my old boat to see she how she is doing, looks like she is doing fine. Is up for sale again, if I had the money I would buy her back. The seagull nest I built on the seawall is being used again this year, mother seagull is setting on the eggs now, they should hatch any day now. Flew my kite for a while then came home and washed the pickup.

While driving out on the spit I got passed by a seagull flying with the wind, I was doing thirty miles an hour and it wasn’t even trying to go fast. There where two cruise ships on the sound, I’ve never seen two at the same time. One was putting out pretty black smoke, a sign of worn engines, more pollution and all for more bucks for rich people.

While I was washing the pickup a man came down the street walking with his dog. The dog stopped and pissed on my mailbox post. I hollered "Hey ! Your dog just pissed on my mailbox post." He said "So what?" I said "Now I have to go over there and piss on it to show my ownership." He laughed.

Spotted a great bumper sticker today. "You all laugh at me because I’m different. I laugh because you are all the same."

No comments: