(In the news) You can add Canadians to the list of foreigners who are healthier than Americans. Americans are 42 percent more likely than Canadians to have diabetes, 32 percent more likely to have high blood pressure, and 12 percent more likely to have arthritis, Harvard Medical School researchers found. That is according to a survey in which American and Canadian adults were asked over the telephone about their health.
As an American it is my best guess that this might be because America is more capitalistic, where Canada is still more family orientated. But only in small ways as both health systems suck in some ways. Canadians seen to get better basic health care across the board but Americans don’t as there is no national system in place here unless you have the money for it or are on welfare. How American capitalists think that people on or near minimum wage can afford health care insurance is beyond my comprehension. But I’m sure capitalists don’t really care about that. And major problems and surgeries seem to be a problem in both country’s. It boils down to "If you don’t have the bucks get ready to die".
I don’t know how it is in Canada but from my observations because of all my experiences around many different types of people in my home country it pays to be dirt poor if something really bad is wrong with you. Really, I see people all the time that have never contributed much to society or worked much but they get special care because of a lot of bleeding hearts. They get free operations, special equipment like motorized chairs and transportation and all sort of things, and many of them expect all those things to be given to them, while working people have their homes taken away from them and after they are dirt poor they might be fixed. They might be, but more often than not they are put in a care center to die after the home is taken away from them.
A nurse that I know (I won’t mention any names here because I don’t want to hurt a really, really good person) here the works in the ER but has a lot of struggles with the administration and all the bullshit they come up with. I talk to him a couple of times a week but it is outside of his work, where he goes to let his hair hang out so to speak. A place where he can get a little loose and not be so professional in an uptight work environment where he can’t say much of anything. At times he gets a little too loud, a little too obnoxious, a little too much of a pain in the butt, but I understand his need to do that so it is okay with me and I just pitch shit right back at him and we have a great time as we understand each other. I know two sides of him and I know this, I would trust him with my life if I ever end up in the ER here. And if he can’t help save me so what, I’m omnipresent and would forgive him, but maybe not the administrators, no reason why I should forgive pencil pushers.
(In the news) Americans in their 20s are one of the largest segments of the population lacking health insurance, and new research suggests the problem is growing.
They are not making much money, how can they afford insurance? And even if they could most of them buy cars and noise systems instead, or get tattoo’s and body piercings. I wonder, how many people in their twenty’s buy homes? I did, and I drove used cars, I have to wonder about the direction young American’s are taking, they seem to be more stupid than my generation was when we where young. There are exceptions of course but the upcoming generation X sure is a spoiled group wanting to be even more spoiled. I don’t think that is going to work out so well for them considering my view of the world and big picture.
Don’t recall where I saw this but it is said that matter can only exist in one place at one time. Oh bullshit, maybe physical matter can only exist in one place at one time but the matter of thought can exist in many places at anytime. There is your present aware self that has been influenced by your surroundings and so called mentors (the people that brainwashed you) and your higher cosmic self for example. This can be a whole different long subject so I’m not going to say much about it here other than to say that it’s very hard to un-brainwash yourself, first you have to see that you where brainwashed and then start the slow and confusing process of undoing it. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment