Thursday, June 22, 2006

F****** Flies

As a follow up on yesterday’s post, I’ve been working for a lady doing some painting and minor remodeling. A few days ago she opened the front door and a fly came into the home, she went a little ballistic and said something like "Son-of-a-bitch! Goddamn fucking flies, do they just wait by the door until you open it?" And a few other choice words.

Maybe she doesn’t like those little black fly shit marks all over on her nice white walls. Or maybe she just doesn’t like flies in her space and face. But I thought it was cute how she was cussing it out, she has a real cute way of cussing at them. If it happens again maybe I will help her cuss it out, it seems like fun being as emotions are not flat lines all the time and sometimes it’s okay if you just let it rip and get it out of your system. I say that it is harmful to bottle things up until they get too big and cause bigger problems.

Yesterday I went to a ladies home to fix the baseboard heater in her dining room, turned out that it wasn’t the heater but the wiring under the house had a short in it. It only had a craw space under it and I’ve never seen so many spider webs in one place in all my life, plus there was some old shit from a sewer line that had been broken. The problem wire was at the opposite end of the house as the craw space access hole so I had to fight my way through all those spider webs about eight times to get the repair made, it was a very unpleasant job getting that thirty feet of wire replaced.

I don’t know if I killed any spiders but I sure killed a lot of spider webs. BBC

No comments: