So on the Dilbert blog Scott was talking about his joy in killing ants. I know people that wouldn’t harm an ant, spider or fly. They will try to capture them and release them outside if possible, they think that it’s bad to kill Gods creations, or whatever it is that they think. About five years I took on the following view.
In the first place they are not Gods creations, they are Mrs. Gods (Call her Mother Nature if you wish) creations. But Mrs. God is just as much of an idiot as God being as they are both still in evolution, and she makes way too much of everything, especially bugs. Really, look at God and Mrs. God in a proper space and time continuum because time and space is different to them than it is to humans and their puny concepts of time and space. It’s like they are just three years old, now think how three years olds are, they create and destroy, they love and they hate, they simply have not evolved into anything that can be considered mature yet.
About six months ago I read an article in the National Geographic about just how many bugs there are on this planet and while I can’t recall the figures I can assure you that there are a hell of a lot more of them than humans could ever get rid of by killing the few that get in their face. Not that bugs aren’t beneficial, they are, but it’s no big deal to kill a few that are invading your home.
My view is that I want all living things to have a chance at a peaceful existence here, especially if it may be serving a useful purpose. But not in my space, and certainly not in my face, so I sometimes kill critters that are in my space or face. I may try to shoo them away but if they persist they are dead game. I of course love them but that is beside the point, I contend that you have no right killing something if you don’t love it so it goes something like "I love you little spider but you are in my face, *squish* enjoy your next life, somewhere else." It isn’t my fault if bugs don’t have sense enough to stay outside where they belong.
Besides, not all bugs are beneficial, it’s not like the planet will cease to be able to exist without some of them. Mrs. God being the idiot she is does create things that are not needed, are in fact harmful, in time scientists will figure all this out and we will know what is needed and what isn’t. Of course in time I’m also hopeful that mankind will see that creating too many humans is also harmful. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment