That was a story in the local rag, I have to wonder about stories like that some times. And I wonder if a lady and child in Africa starving to death would care. I know and observe a lot of people, and I don’t know or see anyone that is really hungry. I know people that think they are hungry, but they are far from starving to death.
I know people that are to lazy to work and just sponge off everyone else. I know people that has money for booze, cigarettes, gas and drugs that complain they can’t afford food. And I see them eating in cafes all the time, hello? Recently I overheard a lady telling her husband how hungry she was and she wished the meal would be ready soon, a grossly obese woman, the kind you don’t like to look at. Ahhh, the poor dear. For people like that sympathy to me is a word in the dictionary between sex and syphilis. I’m not big on people that just take and give nothing back.
I recall some pretty lean days in my youth, I lived with my grandparents for about ten years and there was some hard times at times. But I don’t recall ever being really hungry, certainly not near starving to death. And the hard times never bothered me like they seem to bother a lot of people.
As an adult I have had many varied and interesting experiences and been close to homeless a few times, even by choice. Just lived in a pickup camper for a few years after giving a woman my share of the home and leaving. It simply wasn’t worth fighting over or for, my world does not revolve around money and material things. I’m not sure what it has always revolved around, maybe interesting experiences, friends and great sex. LOL
But I’ve never even been close to being hungry, I had food, I had beer, and a 32 foot boat, and all kinds of other things, hell, I had the world by the tail. It just seems to me like Americans sure do whine a lot, I question that there are 35.5 million hungry people in this country, well, starving ones anyway.
The local Lyon’s club just had their annual radiothon to raise money for the local food banks and they raised over forty-two thousand dollars in just one day. Not bad for a smaller town, I didn’t know that many people even listened to the local radio station. Anyway, I don’t think anyone in this area is starving, not even the bums, lazy jerks and homeless, and we have a lot of them here. I’ve studied the homeless a lot, I’ve stood in soup lines with them just to observe and learn from them, and some of them have had some bad breaks and the help is useful to them in getting back on track. But I also see a lot of them that are just plain users of the rest of us. And even they will have a nice Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Sympathy? Sometimes I have trouble feeling that.
What have some of the highlights in your life been? I've done and seen so many things in my life that I would be hard pressed to name highlights, but maybe some great sex would be involved, or my next great sex. *smirks*
Later, I’m in the mood to blow some soap bubbles, only I’m headed back out to Granny’s today to see if I can get that repair finished. I ran out of long nails yesterday (no I didn’t bend them all) and I need one more ten foot 2X4. Rather than sistering the roof stringers that were cracked I decided to remove the roofing on that section and install new ones, so I just sistered the supporting beams.
Forgive your enemies but remember their names.
Have a great day, hugs…. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What I was trying to say was, in part, that while I don't mind helping those in need, the users often irk me.
Even though I did live in a pickup camper for a few years, it was in a large heated shop I rented to keep all my tools and equipment in.
I'm not ready to give up my tools and machines and such yet. They come in to handy all the time. For fixing and building things and inventing things at times.
Or if I want to make a few extra bucks people are always asking me to do things for them. I know a lot of rich people that have very few skills.
I really love beer. And when the somabitches take that from me they are going to have to pry it out of my cold dead hand.
I've worked in soup kitchens much of my adult life, and I concur with your assessment of the homeless.
Many of the "hungry" I would bet, that study alludes to, are the children of adults who have their drugs, their beer, and their pot. That's why their Children are hungry. Piss poor money management.
There really are people starving in Africa, as well as a huge crime problem.
The thing is, the people doing the crime are certainly not the ones starving-oh no, they have big cars and guns and plenty to eat.
The crime in this country is not a consequence of poverty -it is a consequence of pure material greed.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Post a Comment