Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A new computer

I’ve mentioned that I badly need a new computer before this custom made one craps out, the motherboard and power supply isn’t all that old but the two hard drives are at least seven years old. I thought of having it updated but it’s just as cheap to buy a new unit unless you can buy the parts you want and install them and I'm not that good with computer hardware.

I could have saved some money and bought a computer from a store like Wal-Fart but all those stores are putting Windows Vista on their computers and there is no way I wanted it as it still has problems, and I’m sure it wouldn’t run some of my old software that I like. And maybe not my laserjet printer that is getting aged but still works very well.

So I went to a local computer store where they make their own computers. I could have just bought a new CPU unit with Windows XP on it for five hundred bucks. But for seven hundred bucks they tossed in a 17 inch flat monitor, a new quality keyboard and a new optical mouse, I use a keyboard and mouse so much that I wear them out, so I went for that. Plus I had them double the memory to a gig so with the state sales tax it costs me $802.16. But I got what I wanted.

It has an AMD 4000+64 X2 processor in it, whatever in the hell that is, but I’m frigging impressed. A DVD burner, memory card reader, etc, etc. And being as it was made locally the support will be local and I won’t have to deal with support idiots on the phone in case I need help.

It is equipped for high speed Internet but hasn’t got a modem in it. So when I get ready to put it on the Internet I will take the modem out of this unit and install it to use until I can get high speed Internet here.

Cher, I agree with you that there are a lot of fakes and phonies on the Internet, as well as a lot of freaks and such. But the lady that I mention at times is I’m sure exactly what she says she is. We have learned a lot about each other via emails and I’m certain she is not a fake, and that her intentions are good. I do confuse her some of course, but she was confused about some things before she met me. :-) All we can do is wait and see how things shake out, I am after all a very complex and sometimes hard man to understand in the deep end of my brain pool. Not everyone can swim there. Terri can but I’m sure that she has been through just as much as I have on her spiritual journey where she clawed her way up to where she is now.

What I’m looking for in a woman and the experience I would like for us to share together is too much to ask of a mere mortal human woman so I need to stop looking for what I need because she isn’t to be found. The best way for a spirit to maintain a healthy level of insanity is to try having relationships with members of the opposite sex of the human species. Ha, ha, ha. Sadly, that isn’t funny. And who I thought it might have been doesn’t like it that I talk about her on my blog so I'll just shut up about her

TFWY pointed out in a comment that I’m still a monkey just like everyone else. I'm well aware that I'm still a monkey. But I do think that I have evolved higher spiritually than a lot of the other monkeys on this rock.

So I’m going to be busy for a while learning the operating system on the new computer, getting it set up just the way I want it. Installing software, transferring files, and things like that so don’t expect a new post from me for a while.

Ya’ all be good and have a great day, hugs…. Billy B

10 comments:

BBC said...

Yesterday I went to a couples home and set up and fired up their new computer for them as they don’t know much about computers. It’s a Dell and they bought it at Wal-Mart, and has the Vista operating system on it.

The booting up and answering some of the questions it asked during the initial set up was pretty seamless. I had connected a phone line to it as I expected it to want to go online to register the MS software but I guess they don’t do that anymore.

So they are trying to make things easier for new users it seems. And Vista looks a lot like the older operating systems. I’m sure the computer will be just fine for their needs, it doesn’t take much of a computer to play card games and that is what she mostly does on one.

BBC said...

Burning a large number of files, pictures and word documents to CD disks and transferring them to a new computer can take up a lot of time. Then I recalled that about five years ago I removed a hard drive from a ladies old computer and set it as a slave drive and temporarily put it in her new computer, opened a window to see the old hard drive and just dragged/dropped her files on her new hard drive.

So I contacted the computer shop to see if I can do that with this new computer as it has a Sata hard drive (not sure exactly what that is but it is supposed to be good) in it, other than going into the bios when it is booting up and making sure that the right boot sequence is going to happen they assured me that I can do that and told me how to do it as it is different than the way I did it in the past. It is easier now, cool.

So hell, I’ll do it the easy way and install my old hard drive in the new computer as a slave for a bit.

Vi said...

totally understand why you don't want vista, I have it, and it's totally crap. It doesn't even shut the computer down properly! (and I know 3 others who say exactly the same thing)

KB said...

I hate anything to do with computers - well, I mean teachnically, or if they break down or installing stuff or even plugging bits in!!! Absolutely makes my blood boil!! I just like my computer working and I just open it up (laptop) and turn it on and it does what I want!! That suits me just fine!!

My boyfriend asked if I talked about him on my blog and I said sort of - he looked a little freaked - but we didn't discuss it any further. I think he's getting more used to me, and I actually think he's getting to like me more....so I don't think it will worry him so much now.....

You have a great day =D

BBC said...

Kath, I like computers and used to teach classes on them. But wandered away from some of that so I'm not as sharp on some parts of them as I once was.

But I am like a bulldog and fuss with my computer until I get it just where I want it.

When I boot my computer up it says, "Hey Billy, lets rock and roll". And when I shut it down it says, "No Billy, no". :-)

I'm pleased that things are going well with your new boyfriend. I just drive women nuts with my spiritual side and the fact that I'm so complex.

Well, other than Helen, she totally gets everything about me. But she has known me personally for almost ten years now.

She is just the sweetest, wisest old lady, it's too bad that you don't have her for a neighbor like I do. Hugs.

Rick Ryan said...

There are a lot of fakes and phonies on the Internet, as well as a lot of freaks and such.

Hi!

BBC said...

Hi Rick, hugs.

BBC said...

It's Thursday morning.

"When I wake up in the morning I want my family, friends and fans to know what I believe in and what I’m all about. I think that's important."

Ripple said...

Nice computer, sir.

cher said...

wal-fart? haha...never heard that one before.

ok, well you have convinced me as much as i'm willing to be convinced. ok, so lets say she is what and who she is claiming to be. what you are seeking for is possible. and even with a human. but as you already know, pushing people will push them away most times. especially us wall builders.
i hope this situation becomes clearer for you and you stop struggling with it. it sucks to try and help people, heal people, feel people, know people and get not get enough back. all realtionships (friendship or more) shouldn't be so much work.
you can't change people.
all you can do is decide if it's worth your sanity or at the very least, your sleep or not.
good luck bbc.
plus, i also wanted you to know that i think a lot more people get you than you think.