Sunday, July 02, 2006

Buddhists

My experiences with Buddhists and Buddhist types have been interesting to say the least. Not that I have met that many of them but each and every one of them are pretty darn strange. They are nice enough, in a sort of detached way but they are just not warm and fuzzy people, I’ve never had a female Buddhist call me hon in a conversation for example. Hand shakers, not hand holders and huggers, I have to wonder how detached sex is to them. They seem like lonely people all in all.

They fuss about things wrong in the world of course, but don’t seem to extend much effort to help correct them. They may write letters, vote, attend peace marches and protests but I don’t sense that they are willing to give much of their own money to causes like feeding starving people.

And they are always yapping about ego and the need to stifle it. But they must mean others should stifle theirs as I note with interest that they spend plenty of money trying to massage their own. They always want a newer, better or nicer this or that. That is very contradictory if you ask me. And talking to one is just asking for an argument as they seem to want to be at odds with anything a person might say, especially about spiritual discussions, they simply don’t want to believe in anything. Yet they are always seeking. But why seek if you are never going to accept anything as a truth?

My only experience with Buddhist’s of course is with American Buddhists. I have no idea how Buddhists in other countries are. I’ve researched the religion some and looked at facts on countries that are predominantly Buddhist and note with interest that said countries are pretty much a mess, with wars, fighting and poverty.

Conclusion: I like warm and fuzzy people better, Buddhism is non-sense, too detached. BBC

No comments: