Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Shrinks

Shrinks are idiots, most of them don’t know anymore than the rest of us. I went to one for a while a long time ago. After a couple of months she was just crazy and wanted to have sex with me. Geez, I was going because of problems with my wife, I sure didn't need that complication.

In my early twenties I went into a bar on Capital Hill in Seattle for a beer, I like bars, you never know what interesting person you might meet, what you might learn. I got to talking to this man that must have been in his forties and he was a shrink. He carried on and on and sounded very intelligent and profound, I was impressed, thinking I was learning a lot from a very wise man. After a while he said "By the way, don’t pay any attention to me, I’m fucking crazy." Ah, an honest shrink.

About ten years ago I met a shrink in Montana, he had retired and moved there from LA. Was building a home out in a quite part of the area. When I asked him why he retired early he said because he was tired of being crazy. So he was building a home away from it all and drinking as much as he could. Those are the only two shrinks that I’ve met so far that where honest enough to admit that they where crazy, idiots, and didn’t really know anymore than anyone else.

No comments: