Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Court today

A friend of mine is in jail and going to court today, so I’m going there in case he gets out and needs a ride home. The time in jail was good for him, dried him out, returned some of his health so he can get back to work, I hope. He may just be ticked because no one bailed him out, in that case he may just be another unhappy camper that is unhappy that he was there for two weeks.

There is no point in bailing out repeat offenders, it’s just learned behavior, if they learn that others will bail them out they have no reason to stay out of trouble. I hope he spent the time thinking it all out properly and is ready to follow whatever programs the court asks of him. It’s the only way to resolve the no contact order with his partner.

I hope it goes well for him in the future, he’s a good man when the drinking isn’t dragging him down.

No comments: