To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.Sometimes I take my own turns at being an idiot. I had planned on (ha, ha, ha) good weather through my camping trip, but Goddess likes to screw with me just as much as she likes to screw with everyone else. And at 5 AM Thursday morning I woke up to rain hitting the tent. I hadn’t thought to bring the needed items to rig a shelter over the picnic table as it’s been years since I’ve done any camping and I got a bit stupid about some of it.
I had put the boxes of food and dishes in the pickup before going to bed the night before but everything else on the table got wet. Not the end of the world but I didn’t even have sense enough to put a tarp over it that evening. I did have a new 8 X 10 tarp, and one 8 foot 2X4. So I went to the logjam in the river and sawed off two limbs about seven feet long. Using the table to support one I supported the other one by sticking it in a bucket and filling it with chunks of wood and a patio block I had with me.
I’m thinking that I will have to find more limbs to use at the ends when the city idiot dude next door (I’ll write about him in another post) wanders over to my campsite and offers the use of some adjustable poles that he has in his pickup camper. That was really helpful, you can see some of the shelter I got over the table in this picture.
Anyway, yesterday I went out to Granny’s CafĂ© and helped Terry put up the paneling on the pitched roof in the building he is making. Boy, I must have went up and down a ladder about a hundred times and my legs got really sore.
On the way out there I spotted a “Free Stuff” sign at the hardware store that has closed because they built a new one near me and I got two free cabinets and some good oak boards. When I got back to town I took them off the truck and went back to see what else was there and I got another one that was nine feet long. They will be great for the new storage area I made recently, the cosmos timed that just right.
Then I took the tent roof cover over to Rick’s shop and he made and sewed on a nice brow extension on it for me. Now I have a fifty dollar tent with a hundred dollar brow extension on it. LOL…. But it didn’t cost me anything so all is good.
I talked to the crazy chick yesterday also and her ‘partner’ in California is coming to visit her so I’m done splashing around in that mud puddle I guess. I’m really not interested in being involved with someone that can’t make up their mind what they want. I will be going there in a few days to put a TV antenna on her roof though.
And a lady that I met a few months ago called me yesterday and wanted me to go visit her, but I could tell by the message that she left on my answering machine that she was drunk so I didn’t return her call. Visiting a drunk that wants some attention is a pain in the butt, I’ll call her today when she has sobered up some and maybe we can get better aquatinted.
Hey, have a great day, hugs. BBC

2 comments:
LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton got out of jail Tuesday and immediately got back to being Paris Hilton, summoning a hair-salon van and, by her mere presence, creating a huge traffic jam that angered the neighbors.
That spoiled brat will be a party slut for another twenty years, found God my butt.
Sorry I haven't been around, read the last few post and overall the camping sounds great except for the morons with no light. I am really sorry about crazy chick, some women don't know what they want. I am glad though that you are looking at the situation honestly. I have to go have a great day and hugs!!
Post a Comment