Monday, June 04, 2007

Still busy

I’m still writing on something that I will be posting, but I’m trying to make it, umm, generic. And some of it I’ve decided to share with a certain person in an email instead of posting it here.

For now I will just say….. So why do I allow insults and squabbles on this blog? Even insults directed at me. Because I’m willing to allow anyone that wishes to do so make themselves look like a fool. *chuckles*

On a more serious note, because I’m wise enough too see that we (mankind in general) is just one big unhappy dysfunctional family working it all out. It’s just part of our journey.

Hey, got something to share with you. My pickup has chrome wheels on it, I don’t wash it often, just a few times a year, it’s an ecology and water use thing. The disk brake dust on the front wheels had really built up over the years and wouldn’t scrub off.

So I got out the mean stuff, the stuff you use to dissolve ex-mother-in-laws, ex-spouses, tax collectors and other low life’s. The stuff they use in swimming pools, yup, muriatic acid. This stuff is so mean I can’t imagine using it in swimming pools.

But it’s cheap and does a great job on cleaning metals, etching concrete and things like that. I mixed up about ¾ of an ounce of it with water in a yogurt cup and used a paint brush to put it on the wheels, it took a little easy messing around going over them a few times as it worked but it sure made the wheels nice and shiny again with little effort.

That stuff is so mean that I seldom use it, but it’s great when you don’t want to work hard at getting something clean, or getting rid of a body. At least I think it would, haven’t tried it myself.

Yesterday I also made up some of my special plastic wood for a repair in the camp trailer. I sure like that stuff, it’s super strong. But hard to work after it sets up, cuts okay with a saw but is hard to sand so I have to be careful not to use to much of it where I have to sand it down much.

And I’ve painted the first coat on the back shop wall and started making the storage area roof.

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss.

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

3 comments:

dawn said...

I've heard Coke Cola will do the same thing. You been getting alot done lately. I don't know who you were talking about so I will have to read back on this weeks posts of yours. Can't wait to see what you've been putting together
Hugs

BBC said...

Coke is a lot slower, Dawn.

Mystical Me said...

I absolutly love your sense of humor!! XOXO