Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Going Camping

Got the roof on out at Granny’s yesterday after eating breakfast there. Terry really didn’t have an idea how to install metal roofing on a 12-6 (45 degree) pitch roof alone and he could have screwed it up or got hurt. Working together it only took us two hours. Then one of his cute daughters made me a double chocolate, double malt shake, yummmmy.

Then I stuck around for a few more hours and installed the paneling on the inside pitch ends as Terry has trouble figuring out angles. This building is to be used for storage and won’t have a flat ceiling in it, but a pitched one. He built the walls wrong, didn’t have an extra stud in the corners to nail the paneling to so I had him install nailers and instructed him on how to install nailers in the pitch over the paneling I installed for when the ceiling paneling goes on.

By next week he should have the insulation in the ceiling and I will go back out and help him install the ceiling panels. The rest of the building he should be able to finish himself.

When I got back to town I stopped at beer church for a beer and to see what as going on, Sally was there and it’s always nice to talk to her. Then I went to Rick’s shop and Betty had left a jar of homemade pickled beets for me, yum, will take them camping with me.

After doing the laundry early this morning I’m leaving on my camping trip, and Molly is going with me. Molly is Rick’s little half-breed pug dog, he is going to Olympia for a few days to work on some custom cars and can’t take her, but she can go camping, she is laid back and won’t be any problem at all. The long walks will do her good.

I expect to be back sometime Friday and will do an afternoon post.

As for the cartoon posted here, people easily forget to care for the earth when they want something. And many just don’t care period, I know a lot of people like that.
Have a great day, hugs…. BBC

4 comments:

BBC said...

Okay, the weather is beautiful, I'm loaded and ready to leave now. Just have to swing by and pick up Molly.

Ya'll be good while I'm gone. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I put hard boiled eggs in the left over pickled beet juice. Then wait 10 days for the egg yolk to turn purple. It's gooood!

Have a nice camping trip. =)

Karen said...

Camping with Molly sounds fun!

dawn said...

I hope your having a good time. I'm glad you have Molly with you. I guess well chat when you get back
Hugs