I’ll get back to the camping stories but I want to talk about a few other things right now.So I called the lady I mentioned the other day, and it sounded like she was still drinking, and this was in the afternoon. She wanted me to go to her place and hang out with her and drink beer. Screw that, I have better things to do. I suggested that if she sobers up and wants to go on a picnic or something to call me.
Yellow paint, yup, I checked my paint cabinet and found a gallon of bright yellow paint, that will brighten up the inside of my new storage area and reflect light well. I painted it yesterday. I’ll build a back wall now and then get the nice free cabinets in it. It’s just a dirt floor but I have some metal roofing I will put down, good enough for a storage area.
I don’t really have anything special planned for my birthday tomorrow. Helen is treating me to breakfast in town and I will go to the Peace Rally. And Ann will have a cake for me at beer church so I will go there for a while in the evening. There is no music and dancing at the Eagles this weekend so that isn’t an option.
Rick gave me an apartment size clothes washer, he thought the belt was just loose as it wouldn’t spin dry. I tightened the belt and tried it the other day but it still didn’t spin dry. Discovered that the solenoid that releases the tub so it can spin is not working. So it is the solenoid or the timer isn’t sending the power to it. I have lots of parts so I will check it out more and fix it. Or mickey mouse it to make it work. LOL
I was given a very nice TV antenna yesterday, I will install it at the crazy chicks home as she wants to get some local channels that the satellite dish doesn’t provide.
Sewmouse said some things in a comment that I want to tackle, what she said is in bold text. “I have done the "small town" thing. I hate it. Hum, I love small towns, I’ve lived in big towns, they are great places for those that are loners and want to be lost in the crowd. But I like small towns where I am noticed and can be a big fish in a small pond so to speak. I hate having neighbors in my back pocket, Huh? I hate the cliquishness, And since when isn’t big towns just lots of little cliques? I hate the lack of services/stores. A consumer are we? Just asking, everything I’ve always needed can be found in a small town, but then I don’t need much. Which is a GOOD thing, I would think, because that way not everybody is trying to get what YOU have - it's kinda cool to all have different preferences.” I suppose, enjoy your big town and being lost in it then I guess.
And hon, maybe you should get over your German roots? There was a time I wouldn’t have thought of hugging anyone but my wife, now I will hug anyone that needs or wants a hug. Hugs.
Cathouse Teri, hon, I did not contradict myself yesterday, my opinion is the truth, they are both the same, even if you don’t see it as such. My opinion is always subject to change though if you can present a good enough argument against it. As for your opinion that I was pissing on your cloud, feel free to drop in and piss on mine anytime. This isn’t a Walt Disney world hon and I allow all opinions here as we try to evolve higher. Hey, you talk about sex a lot, or make sexual remarks anyway. Ever have spiritual sex? Few have, you have to get away from your mind to have that. And that is why we are here, it’s sure not to make more screwed up kids.
Hey, have a great day everyone, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:
BBC - Have a happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
Nice to see you having a good time camping personally I would kill for the small town thing if only I could convince the idiot oh I mean the loving man I have. Anyhoo have a fantastic B'Day and a great weekend Hugs!!
I hate having neighbors in my back pocket, Huh?
Ach - you see - I am a hermit at heart. I don't like nosey, intrusive, "helpful", overbearing neighbors. Mostly I just want to be left alone - unless I know someone very well.
I don't like having my personal life being the subject of discussion at "Beer Church" - or even "First Untied Evangelical Church of the Blessed Tapdancing Virginal Shroud". I'm a rather private person and not interested in having nosey-parkers trying to save my soul or commenting on my private "affaires". The gossips and backstabbers of the small towns (where everyone knows everyone and what they had for breakfast) make me physically ill. I find them as repulsive as you find the concrete jungle.
As for shopping - I enjoy cooking a variety of ethnic foods, and am also active in creating quilts and other crafts. I do NOT want to order online for spices, fabrics or other very specific items I might need when pursuing my hobbies.
I would be miserable in a small town. I have BEEN miserable in Colorado Springs which is just a rather large small town. Denver was barely tolerable.
Like I said - to each their own.
I'm a hermit sometimes, but not all the time. And I don't care if others talk about me, or what they say. And believe me, I've heard some dozzys about me.
I just tell everyone "Everything you hear about me is true." LOL
It all comes out in the wash sooner or later, except with stupid people, but why bother with what stupid people think? Hugs.
When is your birthday BBC?
Happy birthday Billy.
It's the 30th already over here.
I go with Sewmouse about being private, and not particularly liking neighbours-the hermit life is definitely one for me.
However, I agree with you, too, when you don't worry about what people think.
It's something I only learned with a little age - to hel with what the neighbours think!
So I celebrate my Sabbats and Esbats in the open, although having a large garden I'm not particularly intruding on anyone else.
In some ways, a big city (which Joburg is, perhaps surprisingly)offers the hermit more freedom to be alone.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Dan, it says right in my post.
"I don’t really have anything special planned for my birthday tomorrow."
Hello !!!
Terri, yes hon, the big cities do allow hermits to be alone better than in small towns. Well, in a sense. But I really am a people person but it's just that I have to get away from them at times.
So I go be a hermit in the woods or at the beach. Ah fuck, who am I kidding, even out there I'm looking for someone to talk to. Hugs.
BBC, sorry, like most people in the blogosphere, I don't read posts! :)
Happy Birthday BBC! I hope your birthday is an enjoyable one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I saw your post at yellow d's blog and wandered over to have a peek...
I am intrigued by some things.. including the fact that you had a whole gallon of yellow paint just waiting in the cupboard.
I wanted to paint my kitchen yellow a couple of years ago.. and on the way to the paint store picked a bright yellow flower.. matched it and now i have the most amazing kitchen!
I am a hugger too.. but it depends on the energy you know?
have a wonderful, fun, happy, peaceful and interesting birthday!
o.. and btw I live in a small town and am happiest in my little house on the corner ...or in my own space...
guess that makes me a hermit type..
Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good one. Having moved from London to a tiny rock in the Irish sea(pop.70,000), I have to say I've never been happier -it's like living fifty years back in time, but with all the benefits of present day. Crime is virtually non-existant, I never lock my doors (including my car - I always leave it with the ignition key inside, for convenience). Yup, give me small-town, any day of the week!
Post a Comment