Thursday, June 28, 2007

Camping story #4 – The city idiot dude

Just after the picnic idiots left on Wednesday a fancy Ford pickup with a fancy camper on it pulls into where they had been, campsite #2. He backs into the site, jumps out and pulls the handles on the quick release tie downs that keep the camper on the truck and grabs a fancy control that controls hydraulic jacks to lift the camper, he then pulls the truck out from under it and lowers the camper close to the ground.

Drags out a big Honda generator, cranks up some music and starts a fire. I’m thinking “Great, now I have a city idiot next to me, brought the city with him, just what I needed. Hum, his camper has a slide out on it, I’ve never seen a pickup camper with a slide out on it before, pretty fancy.”

A little car had followed him in and there was a lady in a skirt messing around looking like she was trying to adjust her boobs, or something. I met him the next day and learned that he lives in Bremerton and she lives in Sequim, just 12 miles from here. They met on an internet dating site about a week before and she came along to spend the night with him. That seems pretty fast but it’s none of my business and there has been a few women that I have clicked with right away so what ever.

Actually, he turned out to be a pretty nice guy and we spent a fair amount of time at each other’s fires talking. His lady friend came out again on Saturday evening and I met her on Sunday. He is a disabled driller and wants to get back to get back to work but the operations haven’t worked and his injury won’t heal. He didn’t have a lot of firewood and I helped him gather up more from other sites that folks had left, and the day I went to town I picked up more at my place.

Yesterday I went to the closed hardware store to see what free stuff might be there and I got a pickup load of 2 X 4 foot ceiling panels, I’ll use them to insulate the ceiling in the shop.

Life is good, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

6 comments:

cathouse teri said...

bbc, I'm dropping by to ask you to refrain from bringing your negativity to my blog. If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Is it a deal?

BBC said...

Geez, I was just stating an opinion and it wasn't that negative. Just the truth, and I'm not the only one that sees it that way.

But many don't like the truth, they just want their little dream/fantasy worlds.

I mean, why deal with reality hey?

Okay, Cathouse, I won't leave any comments at all being as I don't know what you might take offense at.

Sewmouse said...

G'afternoon!

Chicago itself IS a big paved-over onion bog. I don't live in the city, however. I live in the burbs, with plenty of green around me.

I have done the "small town" thing. I hate it. I hate having neighbors in my back pocket, I hate the cliquishness, I hate the lack of services/stores. Which is a GOOD thing, I would think, because that way not everybody is trying to get what YOU have - it's kinda cool to all have different preferences.

Anonymous said...

It's good for the disabled to get out and have fun. Some people think they should sit at home and feel miserable.

And you can always bring your positivity to my blog, BBC.

cathouse teri said...

Now is it your opinion or is it the truth? Just because you are not the only one who sees something a certain way, does not make it the truth.

You contradicted yourself. You say it's an opinion, and then cry out that it's just the truth and people shouldn't be afraid to see it.

I have no problem with your opinion. You are welcome to it. But yes, I appreciate your keeping it off of my cloud.

All the best to you.

dawn said...

BBC - Have a happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
Nice to see you having a good time camping personally I would kill for the small town thing if only I could convince the idiot oh I mean the loving man I have. Anyhoo have a fantastic B'Day and a great weekend