Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More than they say

Impossible to get too carried away with a good rant.

When people ask me to help them it’s always more work than they say it is. And I screwed up, I had told Terry that I would pick up the roofing at the lumberyard and I completely forgot too. But the building has a lot more work that needs to be done to it so we worked on other things yesterday. I’m going back today and we will install the roofing. I’ll go back out for a few days next week and help him to the inside ceiling as it’s hard for one man to do it alone and there is a few things that he’s not sure how to do properly.

“Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.”

I contend that in the future, because of science, stem cell research, learning the ins and outs of genetics, that all people will be attractive and free of many of the ailments and defects that beset humans.

Yes, I understand that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but lets face it, there are some pretty ugly people on this planet and no one wants to be ugly, deformed, have an illness, or have handicaps. The other evening a lady told me how handsome I am, I’ve heard that more than once over the years. I think that I’m okay looking, but not particularly handsome. And I think my advancing age is making me less so.

The question is not whether we will die but how we will live.
Nothing causes self-delusion quite so readily as power.

While at church attending Sunday services, an elderly couple had the following whispered conversation.
"I just silently passed some gas, what do you think I should do?" asked the wife. He replied, "Put a new battery in your hearing-aid."

I finely got the well used and abused little scooter motor running pretty good, and will return it to the boy I mounted it on a bike for next weekend when he is at his dads place.

I talked to the crazy chick last evening, I will go to her place next week too visit her. But I think it may be stupid of me to keep doing that, we have different objectives in life.

Have a great day, hugs….. BBC

3 comments:

BBC said...

One thing is for sure, history will repeat itself and once again, America will fail to look and listen.

Sewmouse said...

Like I told you before - those who will not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Yes, it's all monkeys doing monkey shit - but how can we evolve and move past it all if we keep having to re-invent the wheel?

It also gives those of us who do study history a bit of perspective - This Too Shall Pass.

*hugs*
G'morning.

BBC said...

Well, Sew, we may not continue evolving higher, at least spiritually. Not as long as those monkeys want to keep believing in a bogyman in the sky god.

Hum, I’m scrounging around for things for my camping trip and I find an American silver dollar I don’t recall having. Well, I’ll put it with my $1500 Mexican bucks that I have no idea what to do with.

I've got to shut down now and get out to Granny's. Hugs