Friday, April 21, 2006

The Dilbert Zone

Sigh, sorry but this is going to be a long and serious post for intellectuals and seekers. Not that intellectuals agree with each other but we don’t normally pull out guns and kill each other over the things we discuss.

Have you folks that visit the Dilbert blog noticed that Scott has gone from ‘teaching’ us to babbling a lot and questioning us? Socrates reborn and trying to drive you all nuts. Wait, you’re already all nuts by inheritance and education. Who is intelligent? Most of the IQ’s in this blog are from 130 to 160 I’m guessing, big deal, at times during my research I stand in soup lines with Mensa members. Intelligence is only an illusion you allow yourselves, you’re just a tick smarter than your ancestors is all. In a few more generations people won’t be considered intelligent unless their IQ is over 200. It’s interesting too watch a semi-well known man struggle with all this religious stuff. I say semi-well known as most folks I mention him to are clueless about him.

It appears to me that it will be a future generation that will be intelligent enough to go through all my writings, understand the things I say these days and will be saying in the future, and start fixing the problems on this planet by getting rid of religions and being simply spiritual, the people around just don’t want to it, they want to argue and support their old beliefs.. By then though, things may be bad enough that they will be forced to.

What old philosopher was it, well before the time of Jesus that answered a question asked him about religion by masturbating in public? I don’t recall. But as I sit here reading these comments I am fondling my dick. Any questions?

All of you ….. Step away from your computers….. Go look in a mirror….. Say….. "Hi God".
Have a good day all. BBC

Many intelligent people embrace religions because they make damn good money doing so, there are plenty of people on this planet willing to sell their soul for money. I know of a great many ministers that are drunks and nut cases because of it though. Many intelligent people are only spiritual and not following a religion other than as a way to congregate with others and the support groups in churches because they are wise enough to know that someday they may need help beyond what they can handle alone. It’s the holding hands and sticking together thing. Or because it is to their advantage to appear to be religious, politicians in particular. I don’t think that at this time the people of this country would vote for a non-religious but spiritual only person. I sure would like to be proven wrong though.

I don’t figure that I’m much of a prophet and prophecies can be wrong or turned around if others take responsibility for turning them around. But I am a messenger, and my message is that mankind is God in evolution and is responsible for the outcome of his future here.

On his recent post subject of "Uh-Oh" he discus’s a book he is reading, Misquoting Jesus, I’m wondering why a man like Scott would waste the time reading such a book. If a mind is telling a person that the bible is mostly just a lot of myths, made up events, hooey, and was written by a lot of foolish people (no matter how well meaning they where at the time) what is the point in reading another book by so called experts that study it? Seems like a waste of time to me so I won’t bother reading it.

There are no new thoughts about love, peace, wars, god, greed, capitalism, etc at his blog. All of these things have been hashed over for thousands of years, All the great thoughts have already been thought and stated, it’s just that they are soon forgotten. Religions buried a good many of them. They where expressed in recent years by Albert Einstein, Bertram Russell, Richard P. Feynman, and men and women of their ilk. And by many other great minds in the past. So we basically are rehashing everything as we always are because we keep forgetting it all and the difference between right and wrong.

Lets discuss Scott’s post subject of "Respecting the Beliefs of Others." We’ll play he said, I say.
He said: People keep telling me that I should respect the beliefs of others. That sounds entirely reasonable, at least until you think about it.

I say: Right, until you think about it, and question if you want to respect a bunch of nut cases because that hasn’t worked for thousands of years.

He said: I fantasize about becoming President one day and insisting on settling the question of which religion is "right." I’d assemble all the experts on history and religious and science, and televise them arguing the merits and evidence of their sides, with cross-examination and – most important – mocking. There would be no stop date for this debate. It would continue until even a child could recognize which positions are the most easily mocked.

I say: I wouldn’t even consider running for such an office, unless it was for king of the whole world under one government so that I didn’t have to fight with all the other governments. Back when I was considered a mover and shaker in a small town in Utah I was told by numerous people that I should run for mayor. No thanks, I had a business, was putting out a weekly newsletter, had formed a business association and felt that I was more effective and useful to the town outside of office. To me politics always have been and always will be bullshit, I like being an emperor.

But Scott has the most valid reason for wanting to be president that I believe I have ever heard, so maybe we should just bypass all political party’s and do a write in during the next elections. I got a mayor in line once by mocking, so I’m not discounting using it. And it’s not true that mocking is wrong, that is just something made up by folks that don’t like to be mocked for their stupid beliefs and things they do. After my mocking of the mayor she and I went on to work on some projects together because she saw that I was effective in pulling the town together. I just had to get her puffed up ego back in line first.

I was helping a friend move one day a few years ago and there was discussion on TV between an extreme Christian and a couple of very smart women. Boy, did they have him angry and looking stupid, good thing they where national TV, he looked like he wanted to take a bat to them. Christian’s really do have a sort of insanity in them, not to pick on Christians alone though, all religions have a bit of an insanity in them. And mocking them piss’s some of them off and they start shooting, but it won’t stop me from doing it, they’ve been killing me for thousands of years and this is just one body and it’s getting old anyway.

He said: I respect the Mormons for doing a great job of creating good citizens.

I say: Ditto, but there is still lots of room for improvement.

He said: Surely there are beliefs that deserve slightly less respect than others.

I say: A lot less than some others. No religion has my full respect and I wish they where all gone. The Quakers come close but they are so boring in some ways. Many thousands of years ago after early man had evolved into something somewhat peaceful and was willing to welcome other bands of humans they came across and do trade and such things went pretty well for them. Until they started sharing their religions with each other, then they would get an insanity in them and fight each other over a bunch of nonsense.
These days you hear a lot about respecting each others religions and all in all most people do try. But there has always been those that will not let things be and will work others up, and there will be wars over it all. There always has been and there always will be, hum, unless we can mock them all out of existence. Maybe a bumper sticker that says something like "Your God is an idiot, and so is mine".

A comment on his blog: It is my guess that this "last prophet" will abolish religion entirely, by explaining things in such a way that religion won't be needed anymore. Posted by: James

I say: Bingo !!!! Thank you James for saying it the way I should have thought of saying it. But being as I am the all, it was just another part of me that said it. I have said it, only in others ways. BBC

He said: This has to be an even bigger problem for those of you who have a religion of your own.

I say: I don’t have a religion, only a spirituality based on what the cosmos, my higher self if you will, tells me. That we are God in evolution. I keep telling everyone that God told me to tell them that they are God but no one believes me, I don’t think the rest of humanity wants such a responsibility. It is good for people to congregate though and set up support systems and such. I would never start what I would consider a religion, but maybe a spiritual movement is in order. A fellowship, like The Fellowship of God. Or The Fellowship of ALL.

He said: I also wonder if showing respect for all beliefs is causing more problems than it’s avoiding.

I say: Damn right it is Scott, damn right. But at least I recognize that my God is an idiot because it is us in evolution. You know, I don’t like to put a comma before a persons name most of the time, it seems to break up the flow. Screw what the sentence structure people say, it’s the english language, screw with it as you please, everyone else does. I’ll put my commas where I damn well please, my only rule is to use as simple of words as I can.
He said: I’ve never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I’ve seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked.

I say: Well, very wise people will change their minds because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts, but there are very few wise people on this planet. But go ahead, mock me if you don’t believe me, it won’t change the things I say and believe. I’ve been through too much on my strange journey, and I’m not backing down. But I’m not packing a gun and I’m not going to kill anyone. I’m being peaceful and I think everyone else should be.

He said: Many of our biggest world problems are caused by different religious views.

I say: Duh !! And borders of country’s that separate spiritual brothers and sisters instead of simply being lines that describe where you are on the planet. And patriotism to those country’s and borders, now how stupid is that? Take the softwood issue between the United States and Canada for example. Remove the border other than as a description of where you are, now what is the issue? Disappeared didn’t it? Isn’t there now just a free exchange of trade and goods? I have no problem with a single world government, as long as it’s not driven by greed and capitalists and that seems to be what is happening.
He said: Muslims believe all Christians will burn in Hell. Christians believe that the Koran is fiction. They can’t both be right.

I say: They are both wrong. But I’m not getting into that long discussion here other than to say that there is no hell other than the one on this planet, and both of those books are fiction for the most part and it should be stamped on the covers in big red letters. Go into a library, there is a fiction section, a nonfiction section, a religious section. Why? Because librarians, the academia, do not want to get into the arguments of whether or not religions are fiction or not, it’s up to you to decide, as if you could. You may as well just be an atheist, agnostic or humanist, the world might be a better place because of it. But I say that you should all be spiritual and that doesn’t require a religion, it’s why I have not formed my own church or fellowship as tempted as I am to at times. I don’t want to lead anyone and I don’t want anyone following me. I want everyone to be God and start acting like it. I think every church on the planet should be converted to a Fellowship of God, and of course operate properly.

He said: Sometimes that’s as close to wisdom as we can get.

I say: Well, at this time in time and space anyway, but lets try to keep moving forward instead of backwards. Tomorrow I will play he/she said - I say in response to some comments posted in Scott’s blog.

No comments: