Saturday, April 15, 2006

Friendship Dinner

I cooked dinner for a hundred people last night. There is a Friendship dinner at the Methodist church every Friday that different groups take turns doing so that no one gets burned out. But I would rather be in a different country helping feed people that really need the help.

Our society does a horrible job of teaching boys how to be men and that virtually every problem we face can somehow be traced back to this failure. - Jeffrey Marx (I have no idea who Jeffrey Marx is, but I've redone the quote).

Our society does a horrible job of teaching children how to be spiritual, and virtually every problem we face can somehow be traced back to this failure. - Billy B Cook

A reader that thinks my blog is great sent me an email saying that it's too bad it isn't interactive because I have the comments section disabled. My blog is about instruction, not discussion and debate. And I try to make it somewhat entertaining. I know that there are plenty of opinions out there and I already pretty much know what they all are so I'm just saving folks the time of writing and posting them here. Use the time for doing a good deed or something else useful.

We have a dress code here, but not all of us want to wear dresses.

Fifty priests die in an accident. They all get up to the Pearly Gates and find St. Peter waiting for them.

St. Peter is looking at a clipboard with an irritated expression on his face. He get's up and in a loud voice announces, "To save time I'm only going to ask you all one question: Which of you has ever been involved in a homosexual relationship?"

The priests kick the dirt and mumble, but forty nine of them raise their hands.

"OK," says St. Peter, "off to hell with you then... And take that deaf bastard with you."

I start each day intent on changing the world and having one hell of a good time, sometimes this makes planing the day difficult. Love and Peace. BBC

No comments: