Life is better, after three days of pure misery I had two teeth removed yesterday, a missing tooth never comes back to hurt you again. By the time I got to the dentist there was a big lump on my chin from the growing infection. Went to a doctor James F. Selander, he moved here a year ago from New York. He is an okay dentist and it went well, I was there less than an hour.
But he is too expensive, no wonder folks can’t afford to have their teeth fixed. It was $389.00. Just to have two teeth pulled, what is wrong with this world? I recall having my first tooth pulled when I was about fifteen, it cost me five dollars. I don’t recall that it was very hard to earn the money back then, but almost four hundred bucks these days is hard for a lot of folks to earn, I had to draw money from my stash to pay it, that means that I won’t be able to send much money to help feed others next month.
That’s over a weeks wages for folks on minimum wage, and there are many of them in this town. No wonder so many people I know have bad teeth. He pulled the teeth and then started preaching to me that I needed other work to save the rest of my teeth and should make an appointment. Screw that, half of my teeth are gone because they always have been crap, and I’m tired of putting money in crap, it’s like trying to keep a piece of shit car going, I’m getting rid of the rest of them and getting plates. Plates don’t rot, they don’t hurt you. I’m not helping pay for his fancy home and toys, I don’t treat others like that and I don’t like being treated like that. Dentists just want you to keep your teeth so they can keep getting richer, screw them.
And I won’t go to him for the rest of my work, there are cheaper dentists in town. He was twenty dollars a tooth higher than another one, but the other one couldn’t get me in yesterday and I was determined to have them gone yesterday. They where right next to each other, it took maybe one minute more to remove the second one, I should have gotten a discount on it, a friend that went to another dentist got a discount on the second tooth. The only discount I got was ten percent for paying on the spot.
Summery:
Limited oral exam.. $71.00. What in the hell is with that? He looked in my mouth at the two teeth I wanted pulled, it took all of one minute.
Extractions, easy ones that only took a few minutes… $181.00 each. I spent more time in the waiting room than I did in the dental chair. He spent maybe a total of ten minutes with me.
Ha, there I go again, bitching about how screwed up this world is. But at least my teeth don’t hurt, I just won’t be able to afford a hooker for another year. *lol* By then maybe I will be old enough that it won’t matter. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment