I’m working on a long post in regards to some ongoing discussions over at the Dilbert blog (link on the right side of this page) but for now will post about the local peace protest here every Saturday.
I went to the peace protest on Lincoln street yesterday and held a sign for an hour and a half. Those that say that protests are not effective are wrong, protests are one of the things that do help to change the world into better ways. For a while anyway, until the gains are again lost.
There was a man there that is a recent veteran that has apparently seen the light. He just returned to a trip to Washington D.C. and was talking about his experience there. To make a long story short, he says that the tension there is very high, I’m not surprised.
Another man a bit older than I was around for WW11 (I was born in that period but was too young to recall any of it, besides, I was with people that must not have talked about any of it) also talked to me some. He started questioning everything after the war. During the war it seems that the attitude, propaganda, was that all Huns where scum and all Japanese where soulless and it was our responsibility to wipe all of them off the face of the earth.
After the war there was an about face and we, someone, decided that all these poor innocent people needed to be helped to be saved and that we should help rebuild their countries, which of course we did. I’m not going to get into all the workings of that but think of greed, guilt, and capitalism.
Various signs are available to hold at the protest and all of them are good. But I’m standing there holding a sign and the little gears are going around in my head as people drive by and some of them are honking in approval, and I’m wondering how to get more people to honk when it comes to me that I should make a sign that says HONK IF YOU ARE HORNEY.
Some people of course give a thumb down or flip the middle finger at you. That shows me of course just how uneducated (or brainwashed) some people in this country still are. I just write it off as them stating their IQ.
Again, the comments section of this blog are disabled, but not because I don’t think debate is important. I follow all the debates at other sites so I know what others opinions are, and I simply do not have time for that here. This blog site is about sharing, education, and my telling you what is right and wrong, not that you have to believe me of course. And I retain the right to change my mind based on any new information that comes to me. Love and Peace. - BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had to check if it was still disabled ~ "Think about honking if you are into conceptual art"
Post a Comment