President Bush said Friday the national anthem should be sung in English — not Spanish — in a blunt rejection of a new Spanish-language version.
I tend to agree with that, but not quite in the same way Mr. Bush sees it, as a nationalistic thing.
Nationalistic: Fanatically patriotic. Devotion to the interests or culture of a particular nation including promoting the interests of one country over those of others.
I agree that anyone moving to this country and working in it should be required to learn to speak English, but I also think that mankind should be advanced enough now to adapt one world wide language, it would just make it easier for everyone to communicate. I favor English naturally but it really doesn’t matter what it is in the long run.
The whole world would be better off if there was just one language, one monetary system, and borders were only lines on a map to describe where you are. Promoting one country over other country’s in this day and age is just nonsense.
As for the national anthem, it should just be scrapped and a whole new song more fitting to these days should be made up. In fact they did change some of the wording in the new Spanish version. Mankind advances so slowly in some ways that it’s disgusting to even think about it.
This country is now George W. Bush's republic. Republic: A political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them. And Mr. Bush certainly sees himself as having supreme power, but consider the following.
Who would Christ invade?
Who would Christ bomb?
Whose civil rights would Christ take away?
Whose lies would Christ believe?
How much money would Christ want to be paid?
What international mega-corporations would Christ favor?
What gay people would Christ condemn?
What political party would Christ favor?
What billionaires would Christ defer to?
Whose taxes would Christ cut?
What new nuclear weapons would Christ want designed and built?
What deals would Christ make with Jack Abrahmoff, Tom Delay or Rick Santorum?
What environmental laws would Christ want scrapped?
How much price-gouging with oil and gasoline would Christ desire to see?
I still see Mr. Bush and his lot as the anti-christ. And I’m sure that I’m not the only one that sees it that way. The world will be a better place when he and others like him is no longer in office. Consider this. How would we live if we where spiritually advanced? Billy B Cook. SAA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment