WORLD PEACE !!A piece…. But it has to be spiritual.
Not going to happen again this year. *Sigh* Such is life, just deal with it.
A collage class was given a writing assignment that needed three elements in it, religion, sex, and mystery, and it had to be a short story. One student got an A+, she wrote, “Oh my God, I’m pregnant, I wonder who did it.”
I got an email from an old friend yesterday. The ex-wife of a moron Mormon cousin of mine that thinks it’s cool to keep making more baby’s and married a younger woman so they can over populate the planet some more. We stopped communicating a few years back when I tested her thinker too much with my pain in the butt spiritual journey. The last time I saw her was about three years ago when she was here visiting her son.
I didn’t even know that she existed and in about 97 I got an email from her asking for help understanding her computer and how to do the Internet. All she had was some sort of email program, Juno as I recall. She lived in Southern California and I was living in Montana and was a whiz with ICQ and Yahoo Messenger and a relative told her about me. I got on the Internet and found her a local service provider and she signed up with them and installed the software disk they gave her. Just working through emails at first I got her to download ICQ, for two days that is all we had to communicate with as I explained to her how to get on the web, set up her Outlook Express email program and use it and such.
She is by far the best student I ever worked with, sharp as a tack and never tried to out guess me on what I was going to tell her to do next, or made any mistakes and we soon had her up to speed and working the web like a pro. She went on to excel on some things that I couldn’t even do. She was married to the moron at the time and because I was long haul trucking for a company that would go out of their way to get me in that area I visited them a number of times and we would spend hours at her computer tweaking and learning things.
I don’t know if it still is but her nickname used to be Brat Kid, yeah, I can relate to that. LOL Anyway, it’s nice to be back in touch with her. I’m assuming that she will read this post. Hi Brat !! :-)
I also got an email from a lady that lives here, she has helped me with the friendship dinners a few times, she said. “You, Billy Cook, are the only person I know who worries so much about being crazy or being thought of as crazy.” Hell, I don’t worry that I’m crazy, I know damn good and well that I’m crazy, just as crazy as everyone else. It’s just that most people are afraid to explore and understand that. Anyone that thinks they are not crazy is not aware. What I worry about is the survival of this planet and mankind
I’ve put yet another note on my wall, “Tell them you love them, but don’t expect them to tell you that in return.”
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, striving to be the country's first Mormon president, will give a speech this week explaining his relatively unknown faith to voters, his campaign said Sunday….. Spare me the bullshit you Mormon Republican fool. I have some respect for your religion because you look out for each other and I have lived amongst you at times. Hell, I was born in the town you founded. But I threw your bible in the trash along with the christians bible, and the koran. I wouldn’t vote for him anymore than I would vote for Hillary Clinton even though I would like to see a woman president. But not one that goes to bible study and is too damn rich. This country claims that they want separation of church and state but they keep putting screwed up christians in office. Hello!!!!!
Hey, to heck with you bible thumpers of any bible. Give me someone to vote for besides a so-called Christian. Spiritual yes, Christian, Muslim or Jew, no way. And why do the people in this county keep voting rich people into office? Why don’t they understand that those people really only have their own interests at heart? Never mind all the smoke screens.
There is a garden club and some other groups that try to make parts of this wore out town pretty, and they plant things in all the places they can in large containers and little garden spots. Winters here are generally mild, some years with little or no snow. But it does often get just below freezing some nights so they need winter hardy plants in the winter. The picture is an example of the sort of things they plant in the winter.
Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

5 comments:
Let me answer my own question. We vote for the people we vote for because they are the only choices we have.
As I've said before, "Life is like a can of mixed nuts, the big ones work their way to the top".
Don't you just love democracy? Sure you do, because it allows you to feel like you have a part in how you are governed. Ha, ha, ha.
Mankind is not mature and wise enough to rule himself through any democracy that I know of.
WASHINGTON - Like a ticking time bomb, the national debt is an explosion waiting to happen. It's expanding by about $1.4 billion a day — or nearly $1 million a minute.
Whatever, Americans (in general) are too needy and greedy to back up and fix this problem. And they are sure not going to like being a poor and broke country again, to bad, but they are bringing it upon themselves.
Nothing wrong with being crazy! sometime the most sane people are the craziest!
Americans would vote for a serial killer before an atheist.
Well, as long as Jesus told him to do it.
Actually it 1995 when we first met...not long after I graduated from learning how much I hated working in DOS and was praising Mr. Gates for developing WIN95 to take care of THAT little problem. Time flies, whether you're having fun or not 8-P
It's good to be in touch again...I've missed our exchanges.
Post a Comment