Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Welcome child

You were just born in America, your share of the national debt, what you owe the government, is over thirty thousand dollars. And it will be much more by the time you reach your working years. How do you feel about that? Will you think that your parents and leaders were fools?

Parts of the country got some big winter storms, and some people died because they didn’t have sense enough to stay home, or be extra careful if they really did have to venture out, like to a job. Or shopping, how sensible is it to just go shopping during a nasty storm? I hardly think that the risk to ones life is worth it, but what do I know. Maybe some people don’t value their lives all that much considering all I see them doing.

It started snowing here and then warmed up and turned to rain, and more rain, and even more rain, it is still raining.. It sure is plenty wet around here, but hopefully the snow pack is building up in the mountains for use next summer.

I removed the hard drive from this computer yesterday and took it and the new computer to the shop and they transferred most of the files I wanted transferred, plus put a copy of the whole drive on the new unit so if they missed something I can easily fetch it. And they installed a Firefox browser for me.

Hey, have a great day, be careful out there, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:

BBC said...

Ah, I see that the "Brat" set up a blogger profile and left me a comment in yesterdays post. Actually, she often goes by Dawn Star or Lady Wolf.

Has some Native American blood in her. She is busy moving to Idaho so I don't expect hear much from her until they get settled again.

BBC said...

Most Americans say they are personally happy and feel in control of their lives and finances.

Most Americans are delusional and fooling themselves, as much as lying to themselves. And passing on the costs to the next generations.

QUASAR9 said...

lol BBC,
I'd be happy to pick up my share of the national debt, especially if I could have my half of the American Wealth - Bill Gates' half.

QUASAR9 said...

But yeah in America you have:
1 in 5 chances of inheriting or developing alzheimers
1 in 5 chances of inheriting or developing breast or colon cancer
1 in 5 chances of inheriting or developing obesity
1 in 5 chances of inheriting or developing cardio-thoraxic problems
and possibly
1 in 5 chances of inheriting or developing HIV & AIDS

All in all, it is still the land of the free - but a right bummer if you inherit and develop one or more of the above. But I guess when one inherits, one inherits the good with the bad. And there was me thinking you couldn't 'inherit' your parents burden of debt.

Anonymous said...

Hello BBC,

I don't mind risking my life, so long as it is me risking my life and it is something I want to do. (Lord knows I have risked my life enough for nothing more than a paycheck.) Having experiences in life are more important to me than having a long life.

Don't mind me, just rambling. C:)

BBC said...

9....... In not too many years I don't think that America is going to be so free. And will be damn broke on top of that.

As for whatever might kill me, what ever. Death isn't something I fuss and worry about. On any given day I would be happy to get off this rock, other than a few close friends this is a lonely place for me.

Craig, so have I my friend, many times. And I've lived much longer than I ever expected too. But it would irritate me if one of these monkeys that drive their cars with no respect for others lives took me out.

However I die, just toss me on a pile of driftwood at low tide and party around me as I'm cremated. You can all talk about what a weird fuck I was.

Ripple said...

I'm gonna live forever. Jesus told me so.

BBC said...

Paul.... I wasn't talking about that kind of forever. Just this lifetime. I understand my omnipresence very well, better than most.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I read last night the fucking thing is growing at the rate of a million a minute!

Also left you an important comment re getting your HS internet on picky, picky, picky.

BBC said...

TFWY.... Thanks for the tip on AVG, but I've already been using it for years.