Blogs are pretty much just a wasted of time anyway. Even though parts of the country got hit with some nasty storms and floods the area I'm in is in what is called a 'rain shadow' and a lot of the really nasty storms often miss us, go over us.
It rained for three days, but just west of here they got hit hard with high winds and the roads to them are blocked with down trees and such.
We didn't even lose our electricity here so that is good. It has stopped raining and is supposed to be nice for a few days so things will dry out some. In fact it was pretty warm yesterday for this time of year even though it rained a fair amount.
Hey, have a great day, hope that all is well with everyone, hugs... BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
In Oregon, tens of thousands of people are still without power from a fierce storm that's moved out. But it left behind flooded communities and landslides which largely cut off a town northwest of Portland.
Washington state remains under a state of emergency. Several miles of Interstate Five are still closed because the highway is under water. Officials are hoping to open the highway Thursday but are waiting for inspection reports to make sure it didn't suffer structural damage from the water.
Things are running pretty normal here other than bus service to the communities to the west of me. I'm thankful that we didn't get hit that hard.
Thankfully our weather dosnt have many extreems. But us Brits do for some reason like talking about it!
Welll, Casdok might not get extremes where she is, but we do here. We get a little rain in Blah, and the next village is flooded with people being saved on the top of their roofs! (okay it doesn't happen that severe ALL the time, but it does happen!)
We got hit hard in Saint Louis last year. The summer before last, people were out of electricity for over 2 weeks in weather of over 100 degrees. Then in the fall we had an ice storm. It was beautiful! I drove home from work through a residential neighborhood full of old trees because I didn't realize what had happened and the trees were covered with ice and hanging down to the road, I almost ran into a few, I was so scared that one would break on top of my car. Then people were without power for another few weeks in some places. I luckily, only lost my power for one evening. But, when your power is down it's amazing how lost you are, we're so dependent on it. It made me thing of the people in Iraq and what things must be like for them.
I'm a country boy and have lived without power before and been okay with it.
And I'm prepared for an emergency if something should happen here. I have plenty of food, propane, candles and water stored, and a backup electrical system. It's not a big system, but will run the computer so I can get on the Internet to do reports with as long as the phone lines still work.
We lost our power for about 10 minutes on the weekend. Lots of rain and wind then. Today the sun's out and it's unseasonably mild.
We get our water from a well and so we do have gallons of water in storage in case the pump goes out. This happened a few years ago and it wasn't fun.
Sometimes we can get our eason total for rain in 2 or 3 days. I've seen the sky open up before with just sheets of rain coming down. Yeah, these Pacific storms can be pretty nasty.
Oh we had so much snow here!
I am in the Morth East!
You have a great day too BBC. Hugs back at ya. ;)
Janis.... Angela in in the Morth East, wherever in the hell that is. LOL
Hey, just having some fun. :-)
A note to my Internet honey, hey honey, I'm going to flirt with those two a little. Unless of course you stomp on my nuts. Then of course I will stop. Hugs to my honey, even though you don't want others to know who you are, I will respect that.
Blogging is a total waste of time. Now if you'll allow me, I have about a zillion blogs to visit. Hugs.
I see its not just us Brits that like talking about the weather!!
Post a Comment