
I’m going somewhere. Don’t know where, don’t feel like going to any New Year parties. Going to go find a small quite town and a hotel with a view of the ocean or lake and kick back in peace and quite and read my book about Einstein. One of the best New Years I’ve had in years was one year when I spent the night in a camper in the mountains.
I might find a beer church there and go in for a while and meet some new friends. Believe it or not, I make new friends easily. Being forever curious about others, what they do, where they have been, etc, it’s easy for me to get them talking about things.
I don’t treat myself very often, yeah, I’m going somewhere. Don’t know when I’ll be back, Tuesday or Wednesday I suppose.
New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, why won't they let a year die without bringing in a new one on the instant. The stupid years patter on with unrelenting feet, never stopping - rising to little monotonous peaks in our imaginations at festivals like New Year's and Easter and Christmas. But, goodness, why need they do it?
The picture is of the mountains in the park, taken from my place yesterday. Celebrate safely. Be careful around the monkeys.
See you in the New Year, hugs…. BBC

19 comments:
New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
- Mark Twain
New Year Resolutions For Pets...
Take time from busy schedule to stop and smell the behinds.
I will not lick my humans face after eating animal poop.
and never let the humans know the true level of their intellect.
Your new years treat sound wonderful! Hope you find somewhere realy lovely!
Man. You're going to force me to go back and read your old posts to get my BBC fix aren't you?
Enjoy.
And I'm really glad you didn't say "see you next year" because i HATE that. "See you in the new year" is somewhat more endurable. Somewhat.
You seem to be the resident curmudgeon of the blogs, but I must admit, you have a sense of humor.
Those mountains look just like the mountains beside Vancouver. All part of the Pacific Range, I believe.
I never make New Year's resolutions. They usually last all of about a nanosecond, so what's the point?
Happy New Year.
Being a curmudgeon is cool, and anyone that personally knows me will tell you that I'm a lovable curmudgeon.
I have a neat book, it's "The Curmudgeon's Garden Of Love".
bbc, before I read your last comment above the word "curmudgeon" jumped into my head. I've read your comments here and there, and today on my own blog. A "loveable" curmudgeon you say, hmmm, well, alright, maybe, I don't know...:)
You should smoke a big ass joint of reefer for new years.
Well I, for one, will be delighted to say Good riddance to 2007. It's been one hell of a year and it can only get better. Happy New Year!
Bostick, I don't do pot, like the smell of it when my friends do it but I never did get into it.
Leslie, you are new here, welcome, I'll be over to look at your blog soon. Hugs.
wherever you end up, hope you have a great new year. xxx
Great idea, Kalibitch - I'm going to have to do that too, the bastard.
Take care wherever you go, Billy.
Your only problem is seeing us all too clearly.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
hey dude, merry x-mas...while the world parties i will be contemplating as well
" Being forever curious about others, what they do, where they have been, etc, it’s easy for me to get them talking about things"
well that means in off-virtual world we wouldnt get along because i dont like being questioned or probed into
until 2008
Have a great holiday! I've tagged you to name 7 weird or unusual facts about yourself. That's all I can name about myself.
Happy New Year!
....o
.....o
....o
______
\......./
.\*****/
..\***/
...\*/
....|
....|
....|
....|
...===
*clink!*
Billie, you're an ornery old fart at times (It really does take one to truly know one!), maybe even most of the time. But who isn't ornery, if only by means of their boring, dull existence, if nothing else?? The one thing you've failed at miserably is boring.:) You're so full of shit at times (imo) that you make me laugh out loud, but boring you'll never be. It's the one thing you can't do.
As you continue your quest to convince the world of it's stupidity, keep in mind that the man your book is about, was considered one crazy fucker in his time as well, and nobody listened to him either.
And no, you ain't Einstein! You're just another old monkey like me who's gonna die some day, and some fool will mumble a bunch of words he knows is bullshit over us, and then throw mud in our face!:)
But there's no rule we can't raise hell till then! Have a good vacation!
New Year's Eve is a strange time. I agree that days just go on as usual, but I guess it's a way for some people to feel like there is an end - and a beginning.
I went out with my daughter and her friend this year. It was slightly strange and at times I thought "I'm way too old for this....." It's just an excuse for some to drink and celebrate I guess.
I like the thought of a new year though. It makes me feel a bit refreshed or enthusiastic again =)
I suppose you will tell us about your trip?
Post a Comment