Friday, March 02, 2007

The clothes I wear







Hey, how in the hell do they expect us to do word verification when the words aren’t fucking showing up? I’ve put a new post on my other blog this morning also.
My other blog

Yesterday I wrote about one of my boating experiences. I could write more, boaters live in a dangerous environment. Shoot, I’ve cheated death so many times that it’s a wonder I’m still here. But I know life will get me one of these days and I’m okay with that. I’ve been here at least thirty years longer than I ever expected to be. Life and living on this planet is not for cowards.

I refuse to buy and wear blue jeans, of any brand. It’s always been my experience that they don’t hold up well enough. And they start to fade fast. I’ve always bought dress slacks for work, play, and business. And I buy them in thrift shops. Even working in them a pair of dress slacks will last me for a long time, I can wear out a pair of jeans in no time. I’m not on this planet to keep the companies making jeans busy.

I’m just not a clothes hound, my ego doesn’t need that crap. I refuse to wear clothes that advertise companies for the most part. And I prefer just plain button up long sleeve shirts, but I’m starting to question the need for collars, they bother me when I’m taking a nap. Western shirts are okay, I’ve owned a few of them. And I don’t like 100 percent cotton shirts, they just don’t hold up well.

My point is, I have shirts that are 60 percent polyester and 40 percent cotton and they last much longer. I have some shirts that are 40 percent polyester and 60 percent cotton but they are wearing out faster. It’s okay I guess, they only cost me fifty cents apiece new at the dry cleaners when his customer didn’t work out. A good dress shirt out of a thrift store (I guess you call them dress shirts), will last me many years before I start wearing it for a work shirt.

I don’t like to shop for clothes, and I don’t very often, mostly just for new underwear and socks because I do buy 100 percent cotton ones. Shoot, I still have a coat I bought twenty years ago in Fredrick, Maryland. I have clothes that I’ve had for twenty years that I haven’t even worn. And shoes, I never spend over twenty dollars for a pair of shoes anymore.

I guess my point is, like hell the clothes make a person. I don’t respect most men and women that wear expensive clothes. I don’t much like their egos. So I look pretty much the same all the time because I’m always wearing the same clothes, so what?

I’ve gotten very disappointed in the human race, even American’s, especially American’s, they are so unspiritual, just a bunch of monkeys screwing around. I think I will take a break from posting for a while and just continue observing. Have a nice day. BBC

4 comments:

BBC said...

Here is my best guess on recent word verification problems. And it is only a guess.

Someone has gotten very tired of it, I know I have, and they are hacking the internet to screw it up hoping that they will give up on it.

I don't like hackers, I think they are low lifes, but I approve if this is what is happening.

It doesn't matter if a person is using IE, Firefox, Windows or a Mac, it happens to everyone so it must be something on the internet.

Verification should be simpler, like only four words or numbers. Blogger makes it too complex.

This is all just a bunch of screwing around anyway I think. It's not exactly making the world a better place that I can see.

none said...

I would buy everything from a thrift store if I could. For some strange reason nobody leaves or donates clothes my size.

BBC said...

Tennessee Professional Engineering Exam

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon
tree that will support a 10 pound possum.

2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest
when placed on blocks in your front yard? A.66 Ford
Fairlane: B. 69 Chevrolet Chevelle: C.64 Pontiac GTO

3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity
of 20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators
are necessary to condense the product?

4. A pulpwood cutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700
rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be
harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in
size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many
Budweiser Tallboys will it take to cut the trees?

5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge
of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in
the ozone layer?

6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch
centers with a Field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet
and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1
inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many
hound dogs will be killed?

7. A man owns a house south of Beckley and 3.7 acres of
land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man
has 5 children. Can each of the children place a mobile
home on the man's land?

8. A 2-ton coal truck is overloaded and proceeding 900
yards down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph.
The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of
secondary roads, what are the chances that it will
strike a vehicle that has a muffler?

9. A coal mine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2
Hazardous Area. The Mine employs 120 miners per shift. A
gas warning is issued at the beginning of 3rd shift. How
many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during
the shift?

10. At a reduction in gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per
generation, how long will it take a town that has been
bypassed by the interstate to breed a country western
singer?

KATHBEE said...

What's wrong? =)

And on the subject of clothes...I LOVE thrift-shopping (we call it op-shopping) and that's where I get a lot of my clothes. I have to say though, I do like new clothes too - just that I haven't been able to afford them most of my life!! In fact, in the last 2 years, I've bought the most clothes I've ever bought....I think it's because I know 'who I am' and therefore 'what I want to wear'. Make any sense??? hahaha