Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sewmouse’s toothpick cup

Okay Sewmouse, a couple of days ago I cut down a squatter tree on my property. I don’t know what kind of a tree it was, nothing very special about it other than it came from my property in God’s country. I cut two pieces of it yesterday, they are very wet and green, the picture is a ‘before’ picture of them sitting on the warming shelf on Helen’s wood burning kitchen stove, then I put them in her oven for the day. After they cure some I will turn them into toothpick cups.

It’s a very white wood with no distinguishing marks so I suppose I will stain them.

I took the one I made for a lady at the bank to her yesterday, she loved it and gave me a big hug. I wasn’t expecting that because I really don’t know her. I’ve only spoken to her a couple of times but I like something about her. I mentioned one day that I make them once in a while and she said that she would love to have one, that was about six months ago. LOL

But I’ll get yours done sooner than that. BBC

6 comments:

Sewmouse said...

Well, I warned you the quilt will take more like 3-6 months. I need to get the one on the frame OFF the frame first, but that's coming along now nicely so I should be ok with it.

Actually, when you posted the picture below of the cup you gave the bank lady, I got an image in my head of what your quilt needed to look like. This happens sometimes - 5x really already - where I think about someone and the quilt design just builds itself in my head. Then I "have" to make it. So there. Maybe you could tote it around in the camper trailer for cold nights.

Anyhow - no rush. I need to clear off some space on the kitchen table first anyhow. I need to stop using that table as a bookshelf.

BBC said...

Hon, I have lots of quits and blankets, but if you want to make me one, okay, I will love it and use it. No hurry though.

Hey, a single size, okay? I have no need for a big one as I just have single beds. I've become too complex for a woman to love and understand me and live with me it seems, so I'm sure I will be sleeping alone the rest of my life and will have no use for a full size quilt.

The quilt Laurel Ann made for me will go to the camper so I could use one here.

NEW YORK - Kurt Vonnegut, the satirical novelist who captured the absurdity of war and questioned the advances of science in darkly humorous works such as "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Cat's Cradle," died Wednesday. He was 84.

Very interesting man, spent much of his life depressed, tried to kill himself once, I can relate to that. It's too bad that he didn't figure out that he was God in evolution before he died. Oh well, most here don't.

BBC said...

BAGHDAD - A bomb rocked Iraq's parliament building in the heavily fortified Green Zone Thursday, killing at least two lawmakers in a stunning security breach in the third month of a U.S.-Iraqi crackdown on violence in the capital, officials said.

This won’t stop until the American monkeys leave and let the Iraqi monkeys be to work things out for themselves. But America is being ran by an extra stupid christian monkey so this will just keep going on. *Rolls eyes*

dawn said...

Such depressing news BBC, well I know you have a soft side because I have always found that the people most people are scared of and think they are mean, are usually the sweetest. and yes that means you HUgs

BBC said...

Shoot, anyone that personally knows me isn’t afraid of me. They don’t understand my spiritual journey, but they sure aren’t afraid of me. Most of them think that I’m just a softy that is cranky about how the world is and helps a lot of people. Fuck, they’re onto me. LOL

KB said...

Very interesting how the wood becomes a toothpick holder.....look forward to progress shots!! =)