I’ve been slow at restoring the camp trailer that is to become my retreat after having sold my big boat. But I’m making a little progress on it. Long time readers know that I’m making it as warm and weather proof as I can because I will be using it in the winters. It’s hard to take a picture in a small space but I’ve gotten three quarters of it gutted out and re-framed and have installed the closed cell foam insulation on the walls and ceiling. Have started filling and leveling the seams and low spots. My choice of a 50/50 mixture of drywall powder and Fix-it-All seems to be a good one. It’s much stronger than just drywall mud, yet sandable, using a course grit sandpaper.The four windows in the back where the table and seating will be are just sitting in the holes, my next step is to properly seal and install them. The window partly in view on the right of the picture is a two by five foot slider that will be over cooking area. That’s a lot of windows but I want to be able to have a good view when I’m at the beaches, especially if it is storming. Nothing like a good storm to enjoy when you are as snug as a bug.
Then I will install the paneling on the ceiling and the material on the walls. I recall waiting out storms as a youth in Northern Idaho hunched under trees. Geez, I’ve become a pussy. LOL…. I’ll do the front quarter, where the bed will be, last
After attending the war protest yesterday I recalled that I had purchased a concert ticket the week before so I went to it. Just local talent, it was pretty enjoyable.
Success is getting where I am----- Alive.
I cut my own hair, just a habit from the days when I worked (and played) so much that I never had time to get to a barber.
One reason for my moving here was because of the mild winters, got tired of dealing with snow and freezing temps every winter the other places I had lived. I call this God's country, but she doesn't mind me living here, I visit her in the park and at the beaches all the time. I use the word ‘God’ figuratively of course, but I fully believe in a consciousness of spirit. Just not an omnipotent one, but one in evolution.
Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

3 comments:
"LONDON (Reuters) - Neanderthals, often portrayed as grunting, club-carrying brutes, may have been capable of sophisticated speech, researchers said on Thursday."
Shoot, I talk to them everyday. :-)
Ha ha!!
Your trailer sounds as though it will be great! And worth the effort i am sure.
Glad to hear God dosnt mind you living there! What would happen if she did?
Don't know, but I'm sure we could think of something. :-)
Post a Comment