Friday, October 19, 2007

What would change?

If this world had a great spiritual awakening?

It seems that Rick Ryan thinks this world isn’t broken, that nothing needs to be fixed. I think that I could find a heck of a lot of people that would disagree with him. He also said “Your ego fools you into believing you have the power to change the world.” I don’t think that my ego is fooling me at all. I don’t have the power of an omnipotent God or I would get the world fixed in short order. But I can try to fix the world with words, and I’m hardly stupid enough to think that it will happen over night, or even over the course of some years, that isn’t how things work on this planet. I’m a gardener, I plant seeds (words) and wait for them to germinate. It takes some catalyst to do that and that simply hasn’t happened yet. It will take a great awakening to do that. But I worry that it will happen too late.

I got to wondering what would change if I stop blogging, showing all that is in my mind. Anything? Everything?

If there is going to be a Goddess awaking and evolution on this planet to save it, and I approve of that, I wish they would start getting organized and building a power base. I have to generalize of course, but I don’t see a lot of American women joining it, so many of the ones I know are just self-centered empire builders. Some people talk about my big ego, just wait until they start bumping into the ego of Goddess.

The lady I worked for the other day is a real sweetie-pie. Likes to give and get hugs, I like women like her. Her husband was a very good man, he died a few years ago. I didn’t know him very well, we had just started working together when he died. Good man, I had a lot of respect for him, a retired Coast Guard Captain. The last thing he ever said to me was something like “I really enjoy working with you, Bill, I’ll work with you anytime. You see what needs to be done and take over and get it done.” Ah, I’m just reminiscing here, I wrote about him and his large funeral in an old post.

The dream that brought me here shows a future where people are disconnected from each other emotionally and spiritually. I would like to see that dream not come true. This is such a touchy feely planet, that is what makes it so special.

We think that we govern ourselves, ha, ha, ha. We are so delusional.

One of the men at the retreat with me is very unhappy with me. Says that I’m full of crap. Says that I didn’t listen to him. That’s odd, I thought that he was there to listen to me. I did listen to him, I just discounted much of what he said. He thinks that if he fixes himself that the world will be fixed. Really? Well fuck me running, I wish he would hurry up and fix himself so that the larger world suddenly becomes more peaceful. He isn’t even comfortable getting a hug from another man, he could start there because the other man there is okay with hugs when we part. Besides, the other man makes more sense to me when we are talking. Don’t take me wrong, they are both good men with very fine minds. It’s just that one doesn’t get offended when I tell him that he is a fucking idiot. LOL…. He is intelligent enough to know that.

I have problems with this intelligent design nonsense. Would an intelligent entity have designed us to stick piss sticks into piss holes for sex? Not to mention making us obsess all the time about doing it. What is with that? And what is intelligent about a design that has to wipe its butt with paper? As far as I know we are the only species that has to do that. Intelligent design my butt. Creation is a frigging idiot, the only thing we got out of it was bigger brains and opposing thumbs that we fuck everything up with.

Man texting while driving hits train…. EUGENE, Ore. - When Robert Gillespie looked up from his text message, he saw a freight train. EOM. ("End of message," that is, for non-texters.) Eugene police say Gillespie's car crashed into the side of the Union Pacific freight train about 2 a.m. Tuesday…. I swear, I’m surrounded by idiots. The human gene pool just keeps getting dumber.

LONDON (AFP) - Regular swearing at work can help boost team spirit among staff, allowing them to express better their feelings as well as develop social relationships, according to a study by researchers…. Ah, they have my fucking approval. It seems that cussing is pretty much second nature in France, I’m in the wrong country.

SAN DIEGO - A prostitute whom prosecutors say a defense contractor provided to former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham testified Wednesday that the congressman fed her grapes as she sat naked in a hot tub before they headed to a bedroom at a Hawaiian resort….. He, he, he. Ya gotta love our system of government and capitalism. Get it up, get it in, get it on, but don’t mess up her hairdo. LOL

I have it made. I have a roof over my head, food in my gut, money in my pocket. Why do I get so cranky? It’s the larger world that is a part of me, that I am a part of. Other parts of me don’t have what I have, and other parts of me have too much. It’s all so out of balance. It needs to be fixed.

Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

12 comments:

BBC said...

A lovely solid rain out there this morning. It is a good day to hunker down inside and enjoy hearing it hit the roof. Maybe I will get some reading done today.

I'm sure not going to work on George's pickup in the rain.

Bruce said...

I guess we have to work within our own sphere of influence to make things better, while working to make that sphere of influence larger. And hope we inspired another to work within their shpere, etc.

I could do with a nice chilly, rainy day at home under the covers.

Ripple said...

Good read, spot on. Have a good day yourself.

Casdok said...

We need gardeners xx

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"“Your ego fools you into believing you have the power to change the world.” "
His lack of one fools him into thinking he's helpless.

"Ah, they have my fucking approval."
ROTFL!! Goddamn Right!

Rick Ryan said...

Well said Bruce.

BBC
I don't claim to be an expert in world fixing. I've made my own better, but that stops at the borders of my reality. To that extent, I do have omnipotence.

However, I don't understand what you mean by changing the world. Do you want to end global warming, stop people from starving in Africa, put an end to AIDS babies? Give fair wages to Chinese factory workers? Destroy Wal-Mart? Get people to join the Knights of Columbus?

I think there are six billion ideas of what a better world would be, or at the very least a million. And yes, I believe that it is the ego which tells you that yours is better.

Don't get my wrong Billy. I think you're a great guy, and I would probably agree with you on most topics, but we live in a country where we can't even decide if affordable health care is important. As soon as something gets fixed, someone always seems to want to fix it back.

We have an obligation to be the best individuals we can be, and to help others as much as we are able. I'm not sure we do have the obligation or ability to reach beyond that.

On that note, I hope you can figure out how to change the world for the better. I'll be pulling for you.

I'm sorry if you believe that I am shirking by looking inward instead of outward.

Karen said...

Love makes the world go round.

BBC said...

Rick Ryan, some interesting questions and points you bring up. And I would love to answer them, but right now my brain is flowing over and I need a bit of a break, I will try to get back to them though.

Shoot, I could do a whole post on what you said. And maybe I will. Right after 500 hundred other posts I've written and haven't posted. Hugs.

sumo said...

Always interesting BBC...always...

QUASAR9 said...

Hi BBC,
it would be nice if something nice happened to this world
but would a spiritual awakening make toothache or back pain go away
would a spiritual awakening make cancer or genetic defects disappear
would a spiritual awakening stop us from eating whatever foodstuffs we've been nurtured to eat, or have developed a taste for
would a spiritual awakening stop us lusting for or wishing for more

Would it stop greed, hate, sorrow, pain, jealousy, ageing, decay and death?

QUASAR9 said...

Would it stop us dreaming of the stars and cosmic sex.

After all to many 'heaven' would be boring - and the fires of hell - baby let's party, bring it on.

Even if we know it will give us heart burn and a hangover too, will anything stop us from eating and drinking more?

brad4d said...

fun in the fixin'
is life a potato?