Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lets just goof off today

I can’t be serious all the time. It drags down the good mood here at Polly’s Honky Tonk Saloon and Whorehouse.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

It rained most of the day yesterday, rain is good, it refreshes nature here. But I did get the clutch parts on George’s pickup during two periods of no rain. And read the Einstein book some. All I have planned for today is going to the war protest.

Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

6 comments:

BBC said...

I would like to think that a great spiritual awakening would stop greed, it is what causes most problems and wars on this planet.

But who knows, all I know is that we won't stop it unless we insist that it stops.

Casdok said...

Ego and greed, not nice qualities.
I love the rain to, somethinhg cleansing about it.

Rick Ryan said...

Remember, in the words of Belinda Carlisle, "Heaven Is A Place On Earth"


I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.

BBC said...

Rick, I live in a most beautiful place. But there are people that screw that up with all their wants and greeds and harming this beautiful place.

Heidi Grether said...

The end of the story on the girl I painted the picture for. . . she and her husband had been trying to get pregnant for months, part because their two year old needs a sibling and part to avoid returning to the battle front.

After her goodbye party, our priest annointed her with oil, prayed for her about 30 minutes.

"Mama, I don't feel scared anymore. I have this real warm feeling in my heart." She told her mom after the prayer.

She left a couple days later for the staging area. It was another week later, right before she was to leave the U.S. for Iraq when she had her final physical.

She was pregnant. She had just finished her cycle before the party.

One of my friends says he attends the First Church of the Last Second! All that mattered was, she did not have to go!

I feel like Paul Harvey. "And that is. . . the rest of the story!"

Thanks for your visit.

Celebration of Life said...

It snowed here today with the wind blowing at about 50mph; this is what we call a horizontal snowstorm.

The earth is telling us, warning us that we must stop destroying it. When will we listen?