Monday, October 08, 2007

Retreat week [Updated]

[An added thought] I got an email from Dan’l that reminded me of something. We had lunch at a Fifties café in Port Townsend yesterday, there sure was some good music there, I played ‘Crazy’, and one other song.

We decided that we wanted to go back in time thirty or forty years and fucking freeze time. Great times and a better world back then. Sigh. [End of added thought]

The retreat where we fix the world (Ha, ha, ha) doesn’t start until noon on Thursday. But I have some planning and preparations to attend to so this will be my only post this week. My thought that we are all autistic is one subject we will be discussing, looking into it is very intriguing to me. It is not a disease but a psychological disorder and psychology is something I’ve been interested in for some time. No, I haven’t read a lot of psychology books, a lot of them are bottomless pits of bullshit driving mankind even more crazy. Long time readers know of my favorite psychology book. I’ll be doing a post about autism in the future. But off the top of my head I would have to say that Helen is the least autistic person I know.

Seen Around: A man driving a truck with his arm draped across the bench seat and a dog sitting next to him. The truck had a bumper sticker that read, "Women should come with instructions."

It was very windy in Port Townsend yesterday so the Kinetics fun was done differently in order to deal with it. The skits and such was inside a building, then the land race was where it always is, then they went to the fairgrounds for the muddy bog, boy is that part hard, and it started raining so it made it even worse. We (I went with George S) didn’t go to the old fort to see the water part. As always an enjoyable event. I spoke to Sara (mentioned in the post I did last year) for a few minutes, and took just one picture, of the Chariot of the Goddesses. Owned and operated by three fun loving gals from Corvallis Oregon. But they were wise enough not to try to drag it through the muddy bog, spirit doesn’t blame them, I’m not sure I would try to take a rig through it and I’m bat shit crazy. I bought a bumper sticker promoting this wonderful yearly event.

Middle path (It’s just a seed I’m trying to plant)

Spirit spotted the following on a blog… "The Book Of Bottomless Bullshit is full of war criminals."

Actually, the Book Of Bottomless Bullshit is full of ......... Everything. I think that many of the problems of mankind started when they started writing bibles and organizing those omnipresent bogeyman God in the sky religions, because those books are bottomless pits of bullshit. People should stop reading them and put them in museums next to a sign that says, “We used to believe this crap”. Have you heard about the latest scandal at the Oral Roberts Collage? Ha, ha, ha. Christians, intent on destroying the planet. *rolls eyes*

After eighty-five years on this planet, Helen’s biggest complaint? She never got enough sex. LOL

I’ll be back with a post next Sunday, I think.

Hey, have a great week, hugs.... BBC

8 comments:

Casdok said...

Have a great time! Cant wait to hear your discussions on autism!!!

Bruce said...

I stumbled across your blog through a link to a link...from someone else's. I like the way you think and I'll definitely be back. Enjoy your retreat.

JBoombostick said...

Dont pull on too many nipples.

Lady in red said...

thanks for visiting my new abode

Lady in red said...

hi I wanted to reply to your comment this morning. I shall be winding down battle as LiR gets going. I have a lot of friends who visit Battle who don't yet know that I have begun the new blog which is a fact I don't want to advertise on battle as there are some I don't want to be associated with any longer for reasons I won't go into now. If I just stop battle these people are more likely to look and find LiR. as for kindred I had stopped posting on there until the last 2 post which I just didn't want to post on battle as they were variations of post already on battle.

As for going to writing classes, I am doing this with a view to learning what I need to do to get some of my fiction published. Apart from anything else I shall get information about competitions and places to send my work to along with their requirements. What I actually write will always be my own style not anyone elses.

I hope I have answered you comment

dawn said...

BBC my friend have a great time on retreat. I don't know if I'd want to go back 40 years(i'd be 2) but I'll take 1979,80. Anyhoo have a fabulous weekend. Hug!!!

Maddy said...

Well as a 'complaint!' that works for me too.
Best wishes

? said...

Have a blast at your retreat! Try not to manhandle too many women.