BETHLEHEM, West Bank - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a devout Christian, visited Jesus' traditional birthplace Wednesday in a symbolic bid to urge Israel and the Palestinians to move quickly to resume formal peace negotiations.
I don’t understand why religions make any birthplace so important to them. They are just the birthplaces of one person and it’s stupid to fight over them. All places are spiritual, where you are is spiritual if you are spiritual. I never bother to go visit my birthplace. Ah, she is a devout Christian *rolls eyes*…. The fundamentalist Christians in this country want to take it and the government over and this was never the intention of the founding fathers. The voters in this country would be wise to get some non christians in office. Spiritual yes, Christian no.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Deepening unhappiness with President George W. Bush and the U.S. Congress soured the mood of Americans and sent Bush's approval rating to another record low this month, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.
Try that little Christian screwball for war crimes. Yawn, I don’t think that Bush and Congress really give a crap about anything but their own interests. And I’m not holding out much hope that things will improve all that much after the elections. Americans are just going to be stuck with voting for the next big nuts that have worked their way to the top. If Americans had any sense at all they would put some unknown in office through a write in vote process. But I’m not accusing Americans of having any sense.
All we need to get this planet in shape is an evolution of spirit. We can keep learning about the rest as things go along.
I said that I would do a post on autism, the fact that we are all sort of self centered. But any thoughts I’ve had on it so far are not likely new thoughts. I may do the post, just not right now.
Interesting, I am not allowed to post comments on Scott Adam’s blog anymore. Oh well, he thinks that his is the only mind that is important anyway. He surely doesn’t want to think about and understand our spirituality. I hope that my mind never gets small enough that I do not allow all comments. Other than the long winded comments of the dogma soaked brains of the Christians that is. My take on Mr. Adams is that he has comfortable life and really doesn’t care about much of anything else as long as he has. He makes people laugh, sells his books, makes good money doing appearances and keeps getting richer and cares little about the larger world. I question that there is a spiritual bone or thought in his body.
Anyway, I got some good exercise yesterday. I find it ironic that people younger than me are always asking for my help with things that they can’t do because their bodies have gone to pot. I went to a downtown office, a second story one and packed many bags of garbage down them and took them to the dump. Then I returned and packed down a lot of cardboard and brochures to the truck for recycling. I must have made about twenty trips up and down those stairs.
A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment.
(Swiped from an email to me) My cousin was telling me that his son, who is a high school senior, thinks that he is ugly. "Is he a virgin?" I asked. "Of course." "Well, there you go. A young man's idea of how handsome he is is commensurate with the amount of nooky he's getting." "What? That's ridiculous." "Sorry, but it's true: Get nooky and you feel handsome, no nooky no handsome. I think it's a law of nature." "Is everything about nooky with you?" "Kinda...Yeah."
Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'm out of risque jokes to share with Helen, anyone got any?
Yea all places are spiritual, however i would like to visit my birth place not for spiritual reasons, just because i was born in another country and i dont remember! I will get there one day.
Sorry no jokes today!!
I can think of many other thing to call Bush before I'd call him a Christian. You mock Christians because you could never be one.
Great post today. The founding fathers definitely did not have what we've got in mind. People keep talking about how Christian the founding fathers were. I wish they'd bother reading their letters and journals. It's pretty clear how they felt about the "Christians" of the time and how strongly they opposed the meddling of religion in government.
Paul..... I mock all organized religions. If it was good enough for Einstein it's good enough for me. :-)
I have no problem with trying to live in a Christian way, I strive to do that myself. But a Christian like Mr. Bush I'm not. I don't consider him a Christian, but he does, and there is the barb.
Two cubed and boiled potatoes.
One cup of cooked rice.
Three cans of Hormel chili.
One pound of hamburger.
Yum, yum. Enough to feed Helen and I for three or four days. I wish that everyone in the world could eat as well as we do.
Well, Sunday I gave a check to a local foundation that helps women in Mexico. So hopefully they will eat a little better.
Hey friend I meant to tell you I read your post on the other blog and I am really beginning to understand what you are talking about. As for the comment you left I wish I could simplify my life more and actually hope to as soon as the kids grow up and move out. I just want a quiet peaceful environment and maybe a beach!!! Have a great day Hugs
Billy, just found your blog and started reading. I agree, we need a non-Christian (atheist, even?) president. Don't give up hope, there are others of us out here who see the undercurrent of truth and cut through all the bullshit.
DKW..... I sure hope so.
"visited Jesus' traditional birthplace Wednesday in a symbolic "
Maybe I can lend a hand here, having a few years experience with the freaks. First off, Fundamentalism should never be awarded the cloak of a religion, for it is not. It is a cult that stole the disguise of Christianity, from which to work their evil behind. Further, even real Christianity has little, if anything, that is static, as do all religions/religious beliefs, etc. They say "God." I say "Higher Power",You say "The Spirit." Ok. What color shirt where any of them wearing yesterday? None of us can answer that, because obviously no one has ever seen any of those bodies, so you have just created a symbolic (if not entirely mythical) "being" on the spot.
Fundamentalism takes that mythology and/or symbolism to new heights, mystifies it (and often demonizes it; see: "The Devil") for the masses. You're never going to see a Mensa member that is a Fundamentalist for example, because it is such a crock of bullshit top to bottom.
Because they have built such a mountain of bullshit, they need permanent things/places/events to further mystify, and say are "holy" or "sacred", to keep the bottom from falling out of it all. And obviously, none them can be static, or somebody's prove they're full of shit. Thus we have Easter, the reserection (my favorite joke), Christmas, etc.
Finally, you tell all these not real bright members that Jesus cane from a virgin who never had sex; was born in a cow barn, hung on a cross with nails in his hands and body, then after he died, decided to come back after a few days (but no one ever actually saw him do that or can prove it of course), and all of a sudden, you have one damn powerful force to mystify, awe, and threaten people with. Throw in the book of bottomless bullshit (none of which is provable btw; what a surprise!!) which has only been rewritten about a jillion times, cherry pick from it, misquote it, and you've just built an organization that would make Hitler weep with envy. They don't know if this bullshit's real or not, but they don't want to fall into the world's biggest bbq pit if they're wrong, so you just built yourself one hell of a lapdog.
That's why Israel is "The Holy Land" (lifts leg and farts towards the east), the birthplace (tho no one can prove it; isn't all these non provables neat?), as well as the death place, of Christ...on and on. Ever notice they have all their bullshit in one nice pile? You don't have to run all over the world that way to remember your latest lie. Like the animals loaded two by two on a boat. Uh Huh. I wanna see a Mountain Lion and a Deer in the same enclosure. Or for that matter, a sparrow and a simple fishing worm. And wouldn't ya fuckin' know it? They all lived for forty days without a damn thing to eat, and the place never stank!
There's a reason I coined the phrase "book of bottomless bullshit" years ago.
Sorry bout the rant and taking up all the space; go have a beer or ten for me, and always remember Jesus. The same guy that's gonna fry your ass if he doesn't get his way, just loves the living shit right out of you!!!!
Damn good money in it though, Billie.:)
Post a Comment