
It’s only an hours walk to the hot springs AZ. In beautiful mountains, I don’t mind it, if alone I have my thoughts and nature, if with someone, there is always something to talk about, the time always seems to go fast. But don’t tell ol-whats-his-name I was up there naked with his wife. LOL
….
Speaking of ICQ and Yahoo Messenger, while I never did go to a convention, I did meet some of the folks I had met on line. At the time I was trucking and often got to their towns, and a few of them came to meet me. It was all a wonderful experience. And I used to do a chat site, we had a great group there until they closed down the site. I’m only in contact with one of those old friends these days, life keeps moving on and changing you know.
….
Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. –Aristotle
….
Well, I hate to think of a world like this, but you might check out this site on space wars.
http://people.howstuffworks.com/ref/space-war.htm
….
Nick, Nick, Nick.... You know that you are wasting your time trying to tell that woman anything. She hasn't got a life past her job and her political right wing Christian blog. That seems to be all she talks about, save your energies for other things. Give it up pal.
….
The kindergarten class had settled down to its coloring books. Willie came up to the teacher's desk and said, "Miss Francis, I ain't got no crayons." "Willie," Miss Francis said, "you mean, "I don't have any crayons.' You don't have any crayons. We don't have any crayons. They don't have any crayons. Do you see what I'm getting at?" "Not really," Willie said, "What happened to all the fucking crayons?"
….
Little Van is approached by the lifeguard at the public swimming pool. "You're not allowed to pee in the pool," said the lifeguard. "I'm going to report you." "But everyone pees in the pool," said Little Van. "Maybe," said the lifeguard, "but not from the diving board."
….
"When you get married and have a kid, you can't do all those things you wanted to do as a young existentialist of seventeen or eighteen... like kill yourself." -Al Rae
….
Existentialist: A philosopher who emphasizes freedom of choice and personal responsibility but who regards human existence in a hostile universe as unexplainable.
….
Your job is to choose what kind of day you are going to have. Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free. Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste. Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive. Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born. Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses. Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new job relationships. Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to go to! Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with knowledge and adventure. Today I can dejectedly murmur because I have housework to do or I can feel grateful for shelter for my mind, body and soul.
….
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped, and here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. And I shall decide what kind of day I shall have!"…. And then some motherfucker is going to come along and fuck it up for me. LOL
….
23-year-old metropolitan, Johnny Slick parks his brand-new BMW M3 Coupe in front of the office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he gets out, a truck comes along too close to the curb and completely tear's off the driver's side door. Johnny immediately grabs his mobile phone and dials 911. Five minutes later, a policeman pulls up. Before the policeman has a chance to ask any questions, Johnny begins screaming and ranting hysterically. His car, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter how the body shop tried to make it new again. Johnny Slick finally winds down from his rant, the policeman shaking his head in disgust and disbelief:
"I can't believe how materialistic you city types are," he says. "You're so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else." "How can you say such a thing?" Johnny asks arrogantly. The policeman replies, "Didn't you know that your right arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you!" "Dang it! " Johnny screams..."Where's my Rolex?!?"
….
What if God was all of us? That is what I contend.
….
People that spend all their time engrossed in politics and trying to fix things that way, or defending that stupid system, are delusional and have no life.
….
I was going to change the picture in my profile, but haven’t figured out how to yet. Maybe after a nap.
….
When everything seems to be going against you, remember the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
….
That is Life. My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out. I'm getting into swing dancing. Not on purpose. Some parts of my body are just prone to swinging. It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker. These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief." Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches. Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up.!
….
Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing.

8 comments:
Shoot, it's raining this morning. I was hoping to finish Helen's ramp today, still have to screw down some of the deck and install the handrail, even get it painted.
Well, the rain is needed, maybe I will work on putting up a few rain gutters on my building, if it isn't raining to hard. And George is going to stop by for me to look at his clutch.
I suppose I should at least build a roof that I can park cars under as my shop area is chuck full of tools and equipment.
hahaha...you crack me up, BBC. Thanks for making me smile today. I think I have a new catchphrase: "maybe after a nap" lol
Wow
an old man
big deal.
j_g is a fun gal. I wish I had a idol to worship that didn't care if I followed his teachings. Those kind of people do more damage to their cause by just letting them speaking their mind.
Come to think of it, so do I. ;-0
Is it better to be silent and thought a fool, or to speak up and remove all doubt?
Have you wondered what would happen if all those Christians actually started following the teachings of Jesus? What a glorious day that would be, but that kind of thinking is too anti-American for the right-wingers, so they just follow the phony leaders. The simple minds are the easiest to brainwash.
Tester... When you get old, you will realize how much you didn't really know at twenty-six. :-)
well i wanted to say thanks again for attempting to show the way -- the light the spirit is in all of us -- it's our interconnectivity...our soul!!
"Islam, is it how the media portrays it?"
I hardly think so. There is right wing Islam, just as there is right wing Christianity.
And they are both wrong and need to go away. Someday both of those religions will just be dust in the ruts of time and history in the journey through space.
What's wrong with your picture? Nothing that I can see but if you want to change it just go into your profile and delete it then post another one or how about just multiple pic's of yourself then we can chose which one to look at lololol
Post a Comment