Psychic readings and horoscopes are hooey. Do you think they saw this one coming? No one can predict your future, it hasn’t been mapped out for you. You never read a horoscope that says you will die today? Yet many that read them do. It’s just a waste of time reading them. You have to plan your life out yourself and make it work the best you can. But you have to accept that there are all kinds of factors that can and do get in the way of it. Random events can cause random consequences that change things in your life. Others can have a great effect on how your life is going. Stupid decisions by you can cause problems. The interesting thing to me is that I see that often, yet the people won’t admit that it was their fault because they made a stupid decision to do something. They look for something or someone else to blame. You know people like that. Some of them may have even caused you problems you had to deal with. My wife was like that, nothing was ever her fault, everything was the fault of someone or something else. Whenever I’ve screwed up I just admitted it and did what I could to correct it, and moved on.….
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
….
And remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!
….
Lusty Tart states that she lives in the Pacific Northwest on her blog. I assumed that she lived in Washington. I’ve always viewed everything south of the mighty Columbia to be a lost land that California wants to annex…. LOL…. There are some nice places in Oregon, I considered moving to The Dalles a few times. But property and property taxes in Oregon seem high to me. There are many nice little towns on highway 97. A few on the west side scattered off of interstate five. But Oregon isn’t my state. I’ve left it a few times but I’ve always returned to Washington. Came here with my parents when I was eighteen and have lived in it most of my adult life. Whatever adult is.
….
When I moved to Port Angeles I said that I would never move again, and I won’t. But I encourage the business elite to move, the ones that have been coming here in recent years. They see a nice small quite town, they like it and move here to get out of the rat race they lived in. But they can’t turn their brains off, they start making this place the next rat race. It’s a big traffic jam here everyday now. They want to fix this place, save the locals from themselves. Hello? We had no complaints with our country lifestyles before you came here, and you haven’t improved life here at all.
….
I tell them that if they didn’t like it where they come from that they should have stayed there and fixed it. I tell them that if they don’t like it here I will help them pack and move. They come here thinking they are important, can make life better for us. Well, I don’t see it. They build fancy homes and try to figure out ways to weasel money out of us. If they want to improve something, say beautify something they start a campaign to do so. They try to weasel the money and work for it out of everyone else, they dress fancy while doing that, run around acting important, but you don’t see them opening their checkbooks wide. They just want credit for the project is all, I’m not impressed. Big deal, I raised a small town over seven thousand dollars one time wearing work clothes. And had a lot of fun doing it, organized and put on their first ever demolition derby for them. I attended no meetings to get that done. There are more damn meetings and wheels turning in the muck in this town than you can shake a stick at, everyone is trying to figure out how to get someone else to do something.
….
They hire people at high wages from out of the area to come here and run things. Like the Port Authority for example. As if that is some difficult job. Half of the things they do, or try to do, turn to crap. And they are always paying for expensive surveys to be done to help them figure out how to do things. If we pay them such high wages and they are so damn smart why do we have to pay for expensive surveys? I suspect so they have someone else to blame when things go to hell. Hell, five country hicks could run the Port better than it is being run. For those readers that don’t know Washington well, Port Authority’s are big deals here. Some are good and some suck. I figure this one sucks, in recent years it has become an image monger for the elite. They want to build a marina for the rich here, to hell with the average citizen here.
….
But I think I’m going to Oregon next year, there is a Kinetics Race in Corvallis in July. And I feel such a kinship with those people, as if I am at home with my kind. Good souls, all of them, good souls. I may make my own racer, I would kick butt, or not. It isn’t about winning there, it’s about mediocrity, and having fun. Being first place, like in a stock car race, pretty much assures that you have just lost the big prize. It’s all about being in the middle of the pack, or being a loser. Like it says on their website. It’s about Foolish Behavior, absurdity, foolery, foolishness, idiocy, imbecility, insanity, lunacy, madness, nonsense, preposterousness, senselessness, silliness, tomfoolery, zaniness and craziness. And to me, love of each other.
….
And these people are far from crazy, they have stressful lives and jobs where they have to be some kind of ‘proper’ all the time. This is a chance for them to let their hair down and have fun in safe and sane ways. Well, I’m not sure getting in cold water is sane, but most of the entries bodies are not in the water, but above it. Being a visionary, I can picture a Lusty Tart racer. Your racer has to have a handle you know. Hubby should put the gun on the rack for a while, and make a racer, and have some real fun that includes wifey.
….
Ashland, Oregon is cool, because of all the cool live productions there. I saw Fiddler On The Roof there, it was great. I like live productions, there is a great community theatre here. They do a lot of comedy, and they are very good at it. And if the scrip calls for it, they don’t have any problem with saying fuck.
….
Anyway, it’s a good thing that California didn’t get it’s hands on Oregon when it was young and immature, they where power and growth hungry, would have built more power generating dams on the Columbia to satisfy their needs, and piped it’s water off to the lower part of the state, making the Columbia basin another wasteland. I bow my hat to Oregon for being in the way.
….
As it is, if they where a country they would still be the seventh largest economy in the world. They should be happy with that, good enough is good enough.
….
Sister Mary Katherine entered the Monastery of Silence.
The Priest said, "Sister, this is a silent Monastery. You are welcome here as long as you like, but you may
not speak until I direct you to do so."
….
Sister Mary Katherine lived in the monastery for 5 years before the Priest said to her, "Sister Mary
Katherine, you have been here for 5 years. You may speak two words."
….
Sister Mary Katherine said, "Hard bed." "I'm sorry to hear that," the Priest said, "We will
get you a better bed."
After another 5 years, the Priest called Sister Mary Katherine. "You may say another two words, Sister Mary Katherine." "Cold food," said Sister Mary Katherine, and the Priest assured her that the food would be better in the future.
….
On her fifteenth anniversary at the monastery, the Priest again called Sister Mary Katherine into his
office. "You may say two words today." "I quit," said Sister Mary Katherine. "It's probably best," said the Priest. "You've done nothing but bitch since you got here."
….
Our nation is in peril, our Department of Defense's leadership is extraordinarily bad, and our Congress is only today, more than five years into this war, beginning to exercise its oversight responsibilities. -US Major General John Batiste [To late, to little, I think. You may as well stock up on songs, cut back on spending, stock up on dried foods, and get ready for a bumpy ride. There can be war all around you, but if it isn’t hitting you in the face you are a very lucky person when you get up everyday.]
….
I keep hearing complaints about the news on TV. Well, you can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Turn it off !! Turn it off !! It’s all monkeys dressed nicely protecting their own agendas and interests. You want news fast and dirty, you don’t want to wade through a lot of monkey crap and commercials. You will not see any of those people getting right in the presidents face. Unless they are Republicans getting it a democrats face. Turn it the fuck off !!
….
I get my new off of the web, for all I care the person writing it is sitting somewhere in their shorts. I start at the Yahoo news site, http://news.yahoo.com/ …. I quickly check out the home page, then move on to the U.S. link, then the World link, then the Most Popular link. I read only what I think may be important to me, and I don’t keep getting it over and over again like you do on TV. A few times a week I check the Science link. Sometimes the Odd News link, just for some humor. If I have time, the Photo’s link. Never the Sports link, and seldom the Business link, there is just a lot of monkey droppings in it. The Entertainment link isn’t entertainment to me. Seldom the Politics link, cuz politics in this country is crap, they don’t even know how it works.
….
I keep moving on from there, I can get more news in a half hour than a person watching a TV can get all day long. Then I can start filtering it. If you want good news filtering, analyst, and interesting comment, go to the Tux instead of the TV. He strips all the monkey crap out of it and presents it in an interesting way. http://badtux.net/
….
And old news, like George Bush is a bad president, we already know that so lets keep on moving on instead of wasting time reading or watching more of it. Figure out what to do about it, rather than complain on your blogs. The people that need to hear it don’t read your blogs, they have their own blogs, and media, defending him, and the war machine. You need to be more proactive than that. 1: You need to get in your legislatures faces and tell them to do their jobs !! If you live in a Republican held state, I feel for you. 2: Get signs out there where they can see them. On your cars, on your lawns, places like that, be visual in life, not just on the net. Signs like, Bush sucks, Bush is a criminal, See what a Christian gave you?
….
The peoples on this planet need to take a few minutes and look at things. They shouldn’t be letting politicians, capitalists, and so called democracies guide and run their countries. I’m pretty sure that if this countries forefathers could have foreseen what they where creating, that they would have done it differently. But they did what they did, and told everyone to defend it. But that doesn’t make it right, and you can’t fix it through that system.
….
If the people in this country have gained much intelligence at all, they will never again vote for another Christian to be president, as you all have had a good look at how that can go as they read their bible. Maybe, maybe, I would vote for a liberal Democrat Christian, but just for one term. I would rather vote for an atheist, more ideally, someone that is spiritual and without a religion. Scientists for example, would be better at running countries than what the people are allowing to govern themselves.
….
I was going to post about scientists here, and their connection with spirit, and why they could do a better job, but this is too long now. So maybe tomorrow.
….
Charles Kettering who was an inventor for General Motors once said: 'Whenever you look at a piece of work and you think the fellow was crazy, then you want to pay some attention to that. One of you is likely to be, and you had better find out which. It makes an awful lot of difference.'
….
You can find the text of country songs that you like, here.
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/index.html
Dolly Parton
….
Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing
….
I feel it when you're with me
It happens when you kiss me
That rare and gentle feeling that I feel inside
Your touch is soft and gentle
Your kiss is warm and tender
Whenever I am with you I think of butterflies
….
Love is like a butterfly
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing
….
Your laughter brings me sunshine
Everyday is spring time
And I am only happy when you are by my side
How precious is this love we share
How very precious, sweet and rare
Together we belong like daffodils and butterflies
….
Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing
….
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

5 comments:
In the news. Bush Hopes to Quell School Violence ...
Yeah, right... Idiots like him are the reason for school violence.
Oh No, another impeding Bush failure, The "War on School Violence".
Let me get this straight...
The guy who thinks that the way to stop terrorism and violence is by invading countries and killing off their people, wants to find a way to stop school violence?
Protect your children, people! Bush is gonna invade the schools next!!
yeah, Ashland is cool. I grew up there. When we were kids we used to go swimming on saturdays at the community pool then go next door & watch the rehersals at the Shakespherian Theatre(Sorry my spelling sucks tonight)My dad would make us drink that nasty Lithia water. Did you try that stuff? They used to have a big fountian in the park that it came out of.
No Hon, I never tried the water, not with all the good beer around there. :-)
Post a Comment