Saturday, August 11, 2007

Anything she wants

I feed Helen anything she wants. She is eighty-five years old and skinny as a rail. And she likes lots of chocolate, pastries and other goodies so I fetch her all she wants. At her age what difference does it make as long as she is happy. She likes those boxed macaroni and cheese dinners, (yuck), and has been pestering me for some. So I made two boxes of it yesterday, but added four sliced hot dogs, something else that she likes (yuck again).

Whatever I fix and take to her I usually also eat myself, it will make a turd and keep me going and I’m thankful for it knowing that others are starving. I think I will put the rest in a baking dish and put a layer of biscuit mix over it and bake a casserole type dish.

Dawn….. Does it sound like I work a lot? Not really, I spend a lot of time on a computer, reading, writing, getting out in life and having lots of different experiences. If I worked like I used to work Helen would have a years worth of ready firewood, my next room to remodel would be done, my camp trailer would be done. I would be working on some inventions. Someone should smack me on the head for not getting enough done.

Nick….. I contend that men are too stupid to stop warring, they have been doing that to each other for millions of years. Therefore I say that it is the women that has to stop them. But then, I also contend that when a man is down and out that the best advice I can give him is to get back up, shake it off and get back into life. Been there, done that, but I just kept moving forward, always forward. I’m not one to sit around in self-pity.

That picture is of the seats that I’m putting in the camp trailer I’m redoing. Rick gave them to me, they are out of a van and the backs fold back almost flat, they won’t be able to do that in the camper but I will install them so that they can be adjusted some. They have pockets on the backs so some things can be stored there. They were stored for some time, cats sleeping on them even, so they were grungy. It was sunny yesterday so I put them out in the yard, squirted some soap solution on them and sprayed them down with my 1300 PSI power sprayer, they cleaned up right nice. When I folded one of them back I found a chrome or silver cigg case and a ZZ TOP tape in one of the creases. I don’t know much about ZZ TOP but Tube Snake Boogie sounds interesting, maybe I should listen to it. While I was at it I sprayed my entrance rug.

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards: NAÏVE

There are three religious truths:
a. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
b. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
c. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or at Hooters.

A new neighbor. The house next door just sold. Lots of pickups there yesterday delivering things. I met the man that bought it, his name is Jack, nice guy, knows Helen from the days when her husband had a recycling business on the property I now own, nice guy. He is about 60 and bought it for his daughter. I haven’t seen or met her yet. I hope that she is quite, I like it quite here.

Yesterday I cut up some more pallets, ran some more wiring in my shop, worked on the camp trailer some, removed what was the kitchen counter, I will make a new one after I rebuild the wall behind it.

Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

8 comments:

BBC said...

I think that going biking, camping, to the beach, goofing off and being easy on the planet, things like that are more important than working so much.

BBC said...

LOL
Pearls

QUASAR9 said...

lol BBC
what did you do with the rest of the Mustang

BBC said...

Mustang? Oh, car, those seats didn't come out of a Mustang. They were in the back of a van and the owner didn't want seats in the back. Used it for hauling things I suppose.

Time to go to the peace rally, will be back in a few hours, if a monkey doesn't run over my scooter.

Anonymous said...

why don't people want to die?

BBC said...

Winai.... Hi buddy. Because they arrive here with a code. To survive. You sure wouldn't know it though, the way they go about doing things. I spent a good share of my life trying to kill myself, guess I'm just bad at killing myself. I trust that all is going well with you? Hugs.

sumo said...

Hi bbc...just checking in on your activities lately. Sweet that you cook for the old lady. A hug to you and to skinny Helen.

KleoPatra said...

There are three religious truths:
a. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
b. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
c. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or at Hooters.

Love it. Your blog is very, VERY interesting.