Wednesday, August 01, 2007

True ?

I don’t know how true any of this is, but it makes interesting reading...

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes when you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase "goodnight & sleep tight."

2. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based; this period was called the honey month or what was known today as the honeymoon.

3. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's."

4. Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim or handle of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. "Wet your whistle" is the phrase inspired by this practice.

5. In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King; the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.U.C.K. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.

6. In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was entitled Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.

There is always hope after loss. This is what keeps the world functioning.

"Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so called scientific knowledge." - Thomas Edison

Don’t worry, someday man will, if mankind survives. And will then go on to start mastering nature. You can’t get much more Godly than that. Billy B Cook

It was nice to hear from Vincent yesterday, I haven’t heard from him for a coons age. Like me, he can’t find his Goddess, and I’m sure, like me, he can’t accept anything less. Good luck with that search Vincent. Hey, I think that you are God also, once you get it sorted out in your mind properly. Lee gets it, Terri gets it, there are others that get it.

By the way, Vincent, it’s a done deal with ‘Crazy’, I got an email from her yesterday, she is not Goddess, not spiritual, just a consumer, a caterpillar. Sighs, gives up on ‘Crazy’, I will not send her anymore emails, she just doesn’t get Goddess and that kind of sex. Or maybe I don’t turn her crank, who knows.

Karen, I wasn’t picking on Sewmouse yesterday, just stating a fact is all. :-) I don’t suppose that she will see it that way though. She has let herself go and she can make the choice to get back in shape. And she may remain ticked at me, and I will be okay with that. She thinks that she is the smartest woman on the planet it seems. And as I’ve stated before, she has to feel superior to men to feel good about herself, and I just happen to be a man. That by the way, can do all sorts of things that she can’t do. Just saying.

I took Helen to the vet yesterday, for her distemper shot. LOL…. Just kidding, she needed to take one of her cats in for its shots.

Just before waking up yesterday morning I dreamed that I was collecting water running off of a roof and drinking it. I predict that it will come to that for a lot of folks in the future. During the great turning, or awakening. But I will talk about that in a future post.

In the news…. The Western World's dependence on flush toilets could be its environmental downfall. Toilets that use less water, such as the "squat toilet" in which one squats over a hole in the ground, are prevalent in parts of Asia, Europe and Africa, but a new historical study suggests that after decades of flushing, it will take radical innovations for the mainstream West to adopt any new system. (blah, blah, blah)

I use a porta potty, it’s much less of a water user. I dump it in a regular toilet and it’s all gone in just one or two flushes. But so many Americans want to be fat and spoiled, it’s no wonder that the rest of the world is getting tired of America. Wanting to be fat and spoiled isn’t just an American problem though.

Ultra-fundamentalist, interesting term, meaning far right. Saudi Wahhabi clerics have preached and recruited for terror in Iraq; Saudi money has sustained it; the largest number of those who have carried out suicide bombings north of the Saudi-Iraqi border have been Saudi citizens.

The far right of any group or belief on this planet is always causing problems for everyone on the whole planet.

I’m not in a good mood, I’ll just shut up now. Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

15 comments:

BBC said...

The Future Was Yesterday.... I said that she is attractive, that is a compliment. I stated that she is heavy, that is just a pure and simple fact. Even she admits that, only she can make the choice to do something about it. That is another fact.

I respect her by NOT posting the picture.

BBC said...

BTW..... God and Goddess do not do fat. Screwed up people do fat. God and Goddess do sex, and fat people do not have good sex. And if anyone gets ticked because I said that, too bad.

It's my blog and I will say what I want, and if someone doesn't like it they don't have to visit it.

It's true, no one likes to look at fat people, not even fat people. Hugs.

Sewmouse said...

If you measure a person's worth by the breadth of their ass rather than by the depth of their soul, then you're nothing more than a sad, shallow individual who will never find his "goddess" - because you've already dismissed her as worthless.

You have no idea how good or bad sex is or can be for fat people, you just make assumptions based on a complete lack of factual evidence. Shallow.

Goodbye, Bill.

BBC said...

Sewmouse, you don't know crap about what I know. How many hundreds of heavy people I have observed and talked to. They don't have decent sex lives, and I know that.

Inside, every heavy person is a skinny person hating what the heavy person did to it.

Goodbye, happy trails.

BBC said...

And inside of me is a person that hates that another part of me smokes.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I smoke, too. I enjoy it.

I also dreamt of water last night-this water had lots of tropical fish in it, but the conditions the water was being subjected to -overheating, freezing and dryness - were making the fish die.

Yes, it could well come to that before it gets any better.
Love,
Terri the incurable optimist in Joburg

Ripple said...

I can say that, being a rather enormous individual, I do have a good enough sex life. But I know it can be so much more pleasurable if I was a lot thinner. That being said, I can imagine that it is easier for a fat woman to have sex than for a fat man because the man is the one who has to perform and do most of the work. The problem is in excitement. It is hard to get excited over a woman who is so fat that she has lost her sexiness. I personally like a woman with a little meat on her bones. But, on the flip side, it's really hard to get excited over a skinny, titless woman who does nothing but just lie there because she thinks she is so beautiful that just her body alone should be enough for you. Then there's the people who have an OK body, but you need to put a bag over their face because just the sight of that face is so unattractive.

Aside from sex, I'd rather be heavy and strong than skinny and weak.

BBC said...

Hi Paul.... Some of the best sex I've had in this life was with women larger than me. They had a bigger body structure than me, but they kept themselves fit. I'm assuming that you try to stay active and fit.

Terri, good morning hon, hugs.

Grian said...

I'll admit that when my husband was heavier we had less sex and it was less fun. I wasn't attracted to him as much when he was big. Now that he's lost some weight he's more attractive in my eyes and we do it a lot more. I never stopped loving him, but he no longer turned me on. Everyone has their preference.

BBC said...

People should not miss the fact that I was talking about folks that let themselves go to pot, and those folks come in all sizes. I wasn’t talking about big people. Big folks that are in decent shape are not unattractive to look at.

And if Sewmouse thinks I’m skinny she must have a skinny computer monitor. LOL
5’ 9” tall and about 170 pounds, that doesn’t make me skinny or fat, just average, about right.

Hi, Lee, thanks for your input. Hugs.

BBC said...

Want to know where someone is? If you have their phone number a satellite system can tell you where they are. Even cell phones. This is really interesting, is big brother tracking you? Where is your boyfriend? Find out here.
Phone tracking

Karen said...

Right now all I know is the bushie rethugs are all fat asses! And, I would kick every one of their fat asses outa bed for eatin' crackers!!

So, I stay safe by fighting all of 'em on my blog otherwise, I would go insane at what they've done to our country!

Where's my gun and the bullet!?!

pfttt!

BBC said...

"Where's my gun and the bullet!?!"

Hon, I used to fuss a lot about the bushies on my blog. But I turned that problem over to others to take care of. And I want to thank you for doing that for me, see how God is? I delegate. hugs.

I'm not keen on Hillery, she is a man with a vagina. But I'm not all that keen on Obama either.

It's like I keep saying, life is like a can of mixed nuts and the big ones rise to the top.

We have no right sending troops anywhere. We only have the right to protect our own space the best we can.

But !!! If I was to evade another country I would annex them and make them a part of me. To heck with trying to help them set up their own so called democracy. You've seen how that is working out in Iraq.

And it wouldn't be a democracy anyway, but a benevolent monarchy. Like you run your home. :-)

QUASAR9 said...

lol BBC, you are certainly as informative or more than the other BBC

Love the honeymoon, and the golf, but the king can go and fuck himself. That old custom where the lord of the manor (and Caesars) had the right of first dibs' at a new bride on her wedding night - that's certainly nothing to do with Nature, and all about mortal man wanting to be godlike - and procreate in his own image.

QUASAR9 said...

"Don’t worry, someday man will, if mankind survives. And will then go on to start mastering nature. You can’t get much more Godly than that. Billy B Cook"

A lot of scientists out there who do not believe in god, but believe in being godlike - whether it be promising miracle cures using stemcells to selecting & creating babies at will, for their own purposes.

Alas Man demands freewill, but has never been too hot at granting fellow man the same free will