Saturday, October 28, 2006

Free The Bell

People that know me personally know that I don’t always agree to do things the way they might want me too, I’ve had to train more than one boss. One winter (about five years ago) I spent a month ringing a bell for the Salvation Army, my station was at the post office. Most of you I suppose have seen the bell ringers in your area, they stand there looking stupid, trying to smile, and ring themselves into boredom, and pretty much drive everyone nuts. They show you an indoctrination movie before you start on your post that tells you how you are to ‘behave’. Yeah, right, but I like to break the rules. LOL. I like to be creative and have some fun, include the others.
….
So after a few days I got tired of standing there looking stupid and started being creative. One of the first things I did was to take a little cardboard box and some coat hangers and make a jail. It was a real hoot, everyone loved it. Kids would put money in the pot so they could take the bell out of jail for a minute to ring it. I did all kinds of things, I had a bell family of different size bells for a while, I had musical bells, only the music came from a little music box that I had taken out of a stuffed dog, a swinging bell, a ghost bell, a bashful bell, I even hung a bell once. I don’t recall all the antics I pulled, but some folks started coming by everyday just to be amused by what I was up to. I did everything but ring that fucking bell very much, and I got lots of compliments for not doing it, it was a blast.
….
The major in charge at the time was wise enough to keep his mouth shut and let me do what I wanted to do because I was bringing nice pots of money back. Near the end of the month they came out with some white bells that had the Salvation Army written on them. Hey, don’t tell anyone that I kept one of those bells. LOL
….
Why are women always upset with Men? Men are one of the few things that can gain 8 inches in 5 minutes and lose it all 3 minutes later.
….
Why did God give women arms? Do you have any idea how long it would take to lick a bathroom clean? [Hey, there is a joke about men first, so it’s even. :-)]
….
So I picked up Jon yesterday and we went to the food bank to load up my pickup with goodies to take to the Friday night Friendship dinner, and the Teen Center. After unloading at the church Jon had to go to the front office for a few minutes so I went to take a crap. The stall was locked, seemed odd for that time of day as there usually isn’t anyone in the church at noon. So I looked under the divider and there was some Neanderthal passed out on the floor. We called 911, they can deal with it better, you never know how a drunk or druggy is going to react to being disturbed. Or maybe it was someone that really needed paramedics, so it’s just best to call.
….
They are setting up a new teen center, in an old hotel/bar location, Jon gave me a tour of the place. It has possibilities, he is working at getting equipment in the kitchen area as most of it had been removed. I’m thinking that I may get involved some as I like to cook breakfasts in those kind of places. “Hi pal, how ya want your frigging eggs?” Or, “This isn’t Burger King you dumb shit, you get it my way or you don’t get the son of a bitch. LOL… But for now I’m going to tackle this pineapple upside down cake. :-)
….
A woman goes to see her podiatrist. She says, "Doc, I just got back from a few weeks in the Bahamas. The weather was so great I spent most of the days just lying on the sand. But the strangest thing happened. Whenever a good looking guy came by, I would get this strange tingling sensation between my toes." The podiatrist thought this was kind of unusual and examined her. He asked her if she had this sensation between all of her toes. She replied, "Actually no, just between my 2 big toes."
….
So I stopped at Beer Church to see what was going on yesterday evening, they are having Karaoke five nights a week now, so that is cool. But I had a full day so didn’t stick around for it. Carol was bartending, she is a really cool lady. She was wearing a black sweater with the buttons undone down as far as possible, and a black bra, on purpose of course. We love each other (sort of), and have fun doing some things together. She can look right into my eyes while we are talking, right into my eyes and soul. She walked by, put her arm around me, and patted me on the butt. Oh man, this gal is so hot. She is so…… so…… twenty-six. Ah damn, I would be stupid enough to give myself rules and boundaries.
….
Hey, I’m no more weird than this fruitcake. LOL
http://wwwt-spot.blogspot.com/2006/05/i-had-to-get-away-from-that-last-post.html

8 comments:

BBC said...

Hey, check out 9 Chickweed Lane today.
http://news.yahoo.com/comics/9chickweedlane

BBC said...

An interesting news link. I should hike to the hot springs tomorrow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/sounds_of_silence

BBC said...

"Anything that irritates Catholics can't be all bad!"

Spotted on a website…..“Fortunately, I am a Southern Baptist. That means, of course, that I never succumb to using common sense as a crutch.”….. Well sure, why would a Southern Baptist use common sense? It’s easier to just stay brainwashed it seems.

IbaDaiRon said...

You dirty old man you!


(I wanna be just like you when I grow up. Doesn't appear likely to happen anytime soon, though!)


And by the way, you really DO look an aweful lot like my uncle (father's elder brother)!

Jim Yeager said...

"Actually no, just between my 2 big toes"

Let's just say I'm glad I went to the bathroom before reading that! Funny as hell!

Anonymous said...

I've learned that whenever a twenty-something says "I love you" to me, they might as well add "...like a mother". Oh well, love is love. I'll take it.

;-)

JLee said...

You are a marketing genius! Have a good weekend, BBC :)

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not.. I had to think a few seconds about the two big toes... really ;-)
Beer Church.. hahha