Rich guys are always hitting on the maid because the little lady is always out shopping and not home to take care of his (their) needs. I love that Wagner power sprayer. It just sits there waiting for me to return, like a faithful wife or dog, so that it can start playing with me again.
Bill Maher, you ever watch him on HBO? He is right, America has fuck up fatigue. I watched him bash George Bush (and Christianity) for an hour the other day, the networks won’t show him cuz the networks are on the wrong side of things. That program is so good that I asked George to burn it to a DVD disk for me. Yup, the greatest country in the world has become bullshit. Of course it’s only the greatest country in the world to brainwashed Americans that haven’t been anywhere else and experienced anything else and believe all they have been told about it.
There is no question about it, this American clearly sees that America is brainwashed and brain damaged. And a large part of that is because of the Christian fundamentalists and all their bullshit. The new Creation Museum that they built here they put a saddle mounted on a dinosaur as if man was around at the same time they were, and he fucking rode them. Ha, ha, ha, fucking ha. What a bunch of idiots. Hey, that kind of crap has to make you laugh.
I’m fucking brilliant.
I’m a fucking idiot.
No, that is not a contradiction in terms.
It’s the truth as I see it from my level of thinking and seeing.
Paul, when painting over a surface that you don’t know what kind of paint it is, it’s always best to use a water base paint. It will stick to any clean surface, but if you put an oil based paint on a wall that has a water base paint on it that won’t work so well, it will (may) start coming off in a year or so. Generally speaking of course. I don’t mind using a water based sealer in an interior, but I like to use a oil based sealer on exteriors. Water based paints absorb moisture and this area gets a lot of it in the winters. I don’t always get my way though, I’m using a water based sealer on this home even though I requested an oil based sealer. Fuck it, that is what the owner wanted to use and it’s not my home, if it doesn’t hold up I’ll just say “I told you so”.
Okay, lets talk about water based paints a little more. When they first started making them they were called latex, as they were made with latex. They still call water based paints latex but in truth they are acrylic blends with all sorts of things in them. The thing about water based paints is that they can absorb moisture, that is why I like an oil based sealer. An oil based sealer, thinned, and I stress the thinned, will soak into the wood grain and seal everything well. A water based paint won’t. Picture in your mind how a water based paint works by seeing it as billions of particles that are leaches, little suckers that stick onto a surface and don’t want to let go. And they do a very good job of that. But when it is real humid the moisture is transferred to the surface. Wait, the surface is wood, so if it gets wet enough the sucker can’t stay attached anymore.
They will tell you that those paints are better now and that is true. But my tests prove that an oil base sealer is still much better than a water based one. I make my own water proof glue, for pennies, I’ll put it up against any water based glue, I’ll put it up against any glue in a wet environment. My glue does not fail. Sometimes I make my own paints if I want a really tough paint, the problem with it is that it is hard to sand, and damn hard to remove. The same with the sawdust lumber or wood filler I make, just try to remove it, ha, ha, ha.
Funny that you should mention LT, she was a very cool lady when I first found her blog. I haven’t heard about her for a while now, does she still blog?
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Increasing female feticide in India could spark a demographic crisis where fewer women in society will result in a rise in sexual violence and child abuse as well as wife-sharing, the United Nations warned. Despite laws banning tests to determine the sex of an unborn child, the killing of female fetuses is common in some regions of India where a preference for sons runs deep.
Roll’s eyes, have I ever mentioned that I’m surrounded by fucking idiots? Too many males and not enough females to go around will always cause problems, it would be better to have too many females. But not too many, too many.
Just when I got done painting the last of the high part of the house yesterday and started to take the scaffolding down, George twisted an ankle and knee badly. I took it apart alone and got it back to the rental center and we are taking a few days off so he can heal some.
Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

8 comments:
Amazing how far paint has come
Metallic paints on cars of every colour and hue, paints for woods and plastics too.
But even house paints, indoor and outdoor, washable & weatherproof, one can even paint the tiles on the roof.
Pity they cannot make roof tile sized solar panels for the same price as slate or fired earth, but I guess it is only a matter of time
Actually, as I understand it, many cars have a water based paint on them these days. I'm not sure how it is formulated but it is damn expensive. You won't be painting your home with a water based car paint any time in the near future.
"Rich guys are always hitting on the maid"
Looks like I'm in the wrong profession!
If chicks would wise up and start hiring uglee maids and uglee babysitters for their kids, this sort of shit would stop;)
There is no question about it, this American clearly sees that America is brainwashed and brain damaged.
It's all that damned Chinese toothpaste we've been brushing with!
Oh sure Dan, blame it all on them.
you should have told me that ages ago I once painted a bedroom with water based over some old oil based .. it came off when every time someone tuched the wall ... and in my bedroom hitting the walls comes with the activitys
That's a lot of good information on paints. Thanks for enlightening me because I didn't know water based paints have come so far. I've only painted interiors myself.
All I can say is that I am not a fundie Christian and I find that museum to be absolutely ridiculous and socially irresponsible....so fuck 'em. That's what I say. As far as LT goes, she's a lurker now. She runs around as "concerned citizen" now. I still see her stupid comments here and there, but I don't talk to her because she is hopelessly biased. Besides that, it's pretty much a waste of time for me to talk with her because I am beyond all those silly issues that she finds so compelling.
Post a Comment