Saturday, September 01, 2007

Port Angeles Soapbox

Here is a picture taken at the hot springs the last time I was there on 8/24. I posted about it on the twenty-fifth. I’m on the left, the man in the middle is Joe, he is mentally challenged, and the lady on the right is Esther. Its days and experiences like that I enjoy.

Replies to yesterdays comments:

Linda said... "You are always down on women, crotchety, and completely honest in your opinions. I enjoy reading your daily muses, but clumping all women together is as wrong as women clumping all men together."

Wait a minute, I make it clear often enough that I'm generalizing. And again when I say 'The women available to me'. I know plenty of fine women, but they are not available to me because they have mates. At my age I get the screwballs that are leftovers. Not to mention that this area is known for its screwed up women. Really, I never had that problem before I moved here. Well, part of it is my spiritual journey, she has to be on that path or it isn't going to happen. And there are plenty of men complaining about how women have gotten. They are never happy with enough, but always wanting more, newer, better. It seems that they are just never happy with what they have. And if you watch their blogs long enough you see just how messed up they are. :-)

Paul, you are starting to wonder what? Complex people are hard to understand. But those that know me personally have no problem with me, well, the smart ones don’t. Even ‘Crazy’ recognizes me as a genius and nothing is harder to understand than a complex and eccentric genius, but she does try.

She said in an email last evening, Yes, I agree, you are brilliant, a genius. I mean it. J And remember, she knows me personally. And my reply back was. Genius’s are complex, eccentric and difficult to understand and love and appreciate. Especially ones on spiritual journeys. And we get so frigging smart that we recognize the extent of our own ignorance, yet be okay with it. Well, every genius has his/her limits, or things that they are really good at. And a lot of my knowledge is just general, but I am good at figuring out ways to do things, sometimes in unique ways.

And some things I know and say, like we are God in evolution, I can’t prove, but it doesn’t make them any less true to me.

Oh, I just got up and read your second comment, yes I’m using a water based paint, they are pretty good these days, I don’t have any problem using them on an exterior that is well sealed. When I build something new I prefer to use an oil based sealer and then will put a water based topcoat on it. It started raining yesterday so I didn’t get much painting done on the house. We did get the scaffolding set up in one tricky area and got it done. And moved to the last high area, hopefully I will get it done today.

Terry, if you are using a brown part way up a wall it could look like wainscoting and would likely look okay. Well, if you can live with I can. :-) If you use a pattern in it the dogs marks would show up even less. Shoot, I haven’t even painted this room since I gutted it out and redid it.

Have a great day, hugs…. BBC

5 comments:

BBC said...

So much to know, such a little brain to put it in. So little time to do it.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Don't underestimate your brain's capacity or capability.
I was surely going to be one of those brain-damaged by alcohol, but as a matter of fact not only did my brain heal, it's better than it used to be. :)

You're right-the brown does look like wainscoting. I suppose I'm a bit eccentric myself for liking that, but I lived in a number of oler houses growing up (even an Elizabethan Tudor one!) and I like the look.
Not that it's about interior decor so much as keeping it looking less dog-ratted!
You're going to hate our exterior walls though-they're a salmony tan. However, this is Africa and it goes well with the vibrant colours of our plant life and our people-life.
I think I'm going to post some pics of my waking-up garden over at my blog a bit later.

Love,
Terri in Joburg
About 30 km out of the city centre

QUASAR9 said...

lol and some geniuses know how to be subtle and polite and kind, others are as rough as a breeze bloc and as subtle as a steam train

Ripple said...

Well, as much as I appreciate your intellect and humor, I was referring to the last line in your post about inside every old person is a young person wondering what the fuck happened. But you failed to catch that. I don't wonder about you. I just read and comment. If you go off the Deep End like LT, then that's your problem. We can still have a beer if you want, Genius.

Ripple said...

I didn't read your whole post before I commented....

I was under the impression that water based paints will wash off when exposed to rain or too much water... I don't know much about painting though. Hey, I learn something everyday.