Friday, September 14, 2007

I’m such a sucker

Hey ! I like doing karaoke.

Sooooo, about my being such a sucker. I thought that I was done spraying green yesterday when I sprayed the last part of George’s home. It’s not in my interests to keep painting, I have other things I want to be doing, but George asked me if I would also paint the fences. Being the sucker I am I said that I would, so I’m taking the day off today so that he can get it ready to paint. I guess it’s like he said, that people are really only interested in their own interests, and I guess that I just help make them happen. Yup, I’m such a sucker. But only up to a point, and then I say no, I need to get back to my interests.

But George Bush sure is serving his own interests, and the rest of you can go to hell. He’s keeping troop levels high for the next ten months, but that is just a figure, if he had his way it would be for the next ten years because that fool will never admit that he fucked up.

George is really into Zen, which I see as a sort of detachment from everything else so that you don’t have to be involved in it, like all the ugly things in the world.

Although we normally associate the word “home” with a place that’s built out of bricks and mortar, in fact home is much more than that. It is a feeling and a way of being in ones life rather than any specific place. – A quote.

Actually, I contend that there is a difference between a house and a home. A house is where people find shelter from the environment and store all their crap. A home is where people live and love. Something like that.

Everyone quotes everyone else, and most of them are misquotes.
Misquotations

Ah, here is another quote…. Ovid (43 B.C.-A.D. 18) made the following observation about 2,000 years ago: "Women are always buying something." Actually, I know a few women that are not, but not many. I wonder what kind of a sickness it is that is in them.

More than 16,300 species of animals and plants are on the verge of disappearing from the planet, with nearly 200 more species approaching extinction within the last year, according to the World Conservation Union's 2007 Red List of Threatened Species. People are the main reason for most species' decline, whether through direct means such as over-hunting or indirect means such as the introduction of invasive species. Not many really care though, they forget that as soon as they want something to full fill their own wants, needs, and interests.

An applicant for a job with the federal government was filling out the application form. He came to this question: "Do you favor the overthrow of the United States government by force, subversion, or violence?" Thinking it was a multiple-choice question, he checked "Violence."

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven. When they get there, St. Peter says, "We only have one rule here in heaven... Don't step on the ducks." So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place. It is almost impossible not to step on a duck, and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one. Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw. St. Peter chains them together and says, "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!"

The next day, the second woman accidentally steps on a duck. Along comes St. Peter with another extremely ugly man. He chains them together with the same punishment as the first woman.

The third woman has observed all this and, not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very, VERY careful where she steps. She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks. Then, one day, St. Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on... tall, muscular and with good hair. St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.

The woman remarks, "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?" The guy says, "Well, I don't know what you did, but I stepped on a duck." Ha, ha, ha, any way you look at it, you’re going to hell….. LOL

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

3 comments:

BBC said...

Not drunk, not sober, I go out into the night, and piss in the yard. It’s peaceful out there in the night when most of the monkeys are sleeping.

BBC said...

What the hell, I'll have blackberry pie and ice cream for breakfast.

Rick Ryan said...

It sounds like Heaven kind of sucks: Ducks crapping on everything, getting chained to people.