Monday, September 10, 2007

Playing with my brain

So what if you want some biscuits and don’t have any biscuit mix? I got sick and tired of those biscuits that come in tubes so started making biscuits using a baking mix. You can tinker around trying different things and still always get decent biscuits. But some times a person runs out of baking mix so I decided to try making some with something I always have on hand, that’s right, pancake mix and beer.

Two cups pancake mix
¾ cup of beer

Preheat oven to 425 degrees, mix beer into pancake mix. I don’t bother to roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter to make them, I just make drop biscuits by putting balls of dough on the cooking sheet and then flattening them with a spatula will a little butter on it so that the dough won’t stick to it.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and while you are waiting drink the rest of that can of beer. That made good biscuits and tinkering with that basic recipe would be interesting. You could use milk or water or juice. But if you use milk, water or juice start with just ½ cup, it takes more beer when you use it. I like to work some margarine into the dough also. Say, I’ll bet it would make a great pizza crust, I should try that.

Actually, a basic biscuit/pancake mix is so easy to make that I’m going to just start making my own and saving some money.

I’m still working on painting George’s house, it’s big and complex and I only work four or five hours a day on it. They are supposed to be helping me but his wife works full time and he has a sickness called TIVO that he spends much of the day messing around with. He is a great guy but not very skilled in handyman things so I’m doing most of the prep work, and I’m painting a lot more of it than I agreed to paint. But once the prep work is done it just makes sense for me to go ahead and spray it all as the spraying goes fast. On Saturday I got a lot of it sprayed. I’m just leaving them a little touch up work to do. Today I don’t suppose I will do any spraying as the time will be spent prepping the next area to spray. That home would be a bitch to paint with brushes and there are very few places you can use a roller.

I’m putting in a lot more hours than I agreed to for the boat I wanted so they will end up owing me money also.

I went to the UU Fellowship service yesterday because it was the yearly service where folks bring water (mostly), real or virtual and tell the story of the water and what it means to them and then pour it into a bowl with the other waters. When it was my turn at the mic I was shaking my bottle and said “This might have Vodka in it”, that got a laugh. But it was water from the hot springs and sand from a favorite beach. And after the service a lady came to me and asked me if I would do some painting at their place because they have seen my work at George’s place. WTF? I don’t think that I’m that good of a painter, and I do things on my own time frames and they have to put up with that, why do these people even want me?

Hey, live in an area where you get moss build up on your roof? It's very hard on tabbed roofing. One thing I like about dropping into beer church at times is that I meet interesting people and learn interesting things. I was talking to a man last evening that does a lot of handyman things and I learned that powdered Tide with Bleach laundry soap will kill it, for a couple of years. Wet the roof down, sprinkle it on the roof, in a few days go up and sweep it off. Do it again a second time and it will not come back for a few years.

I’m guessing that if a person sprinkled some of it on the high parts of the roof during the rainy season that they would never have any moss problems.

George gave me a stock watering tank, a nice heavy plastic one. Two feet deep, I’m going to make it into a one person hot tub.

In the news: Creators Syndicate - Ok, throw another $50 billion down the rat hole that is the Iraq occupation. It's only money, if you ignore the lives being destroyed. That's what the White House is asking for, in addition to the $147 billion in supplementary funds already requested.

Congress will grant the funding after Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker follow President Bush's photo-op in Iraq's Anbar province with a dog-and-pony show of their own. Meanwhile, the Democrats are totally cynical about this continuing waste of taxpayer dollars and of American and Iraqi lives, and wanting Bush to hang himself with his own rope, they will deny him nothing.

How do you feel about that?

You can read the whole story/opinion here. Opinion

Iraq debate is sea of statistics: WASHINGTON - In vertical bars of blue, green, gray and red, a briefing chart prepared by the Defense Intelligence Agency says what Gen. David Petraeus won't. Insurgent attacks against Iraqi civilians, their security forces and U.S. troops remain high, according to the document obtained by The Associated Press. It is a conclusion that the well-regarded Army officer who is the top U.S. commander in Iraq is expected to try to counter when he and Ryan Crocker, the U.S. ambassador in Baghdad, testify before Congress on Monday and Tuesday. More than four years into a conflict initially thought to be a cakewalk, the war has become a battle of statistics, graphs and conflicting assessments of progress in a country of more than 27 million people.

Yeah, the frigging monkeys on this planet love to make statistics and charts, they kill each other and become statistics. All of them ignoring the fact that we are all from the same source and genetically and spirituality connected. Stupid monkeys.

Have a great day, hugs…. BBC

7 comments:

BBC said...

So I decided to change the name of my blog from GOD UNCENSORED, to SPIRIT UNCENSORED.

But I'll still keep sharing all that is in my brain.

Shannon Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Ryan said...

I don't know about the contractors in your area, but sometimes an ok job done by someone honest is worth more.

Powdered Tide with bleach will probably kill anything if you use enough of it. This is a corollary to my father's rule: Everything burns if you can get it hot enough.

Stalin said (and that bastard was in a position to know) "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." Given the choice between the two, let's choose tragedy.

Dan said...

Does Spirit make better cookies than God?

Karen said...

Never blog when I'm hungry but I'm hungry now and every blog I visit is talking about food!!

sooooooooo, off to eat dinner!

sumo said...

Those do look like buttery biscuits...I'm sure you enjoyed them heartily!

Ryan said...

BBC..... those biscuits are about the closest thing to redneck food I've ever seen on the internet.

Now that was interesting!