Monday, December 04, 2006

Added to library

Some years ago I read a series of 24 books called “Wagons West” by Dana Fuller Ross and really enjoyed them. I’m not sure who Dana Fuller Ross is (not in Wikipedia either), I’ve heard that it is a pen name. Reminds me a lot of James Michener’s style. Yesterday on Yahoo Freecycle a lady offered the complete set so I went and picked them up. Maybe I will find time to read them again after I give up on the world and take an axe this computer. As an added bonus she also gave me a 10 book set that are add on’s to the Wagons West series that I haven’t read. Bless her little (big) heart. They live in a wonderful place out in the country with a big duck pond and a number of LARGE gentle dogs.
….
I’m glad that there is so much free stuff on the Internet for us all to enjoy. Blogs, instant messaging, email, news, learning sites, research sites and think tanks, things like that.
….
But damn it. I would be willing to pay a little to just keep some things the way they are unless I want to change them. These frigging programmers with their good drugs always dreaming up new features (and fucking up how they work) and ways of doing things and then shoving them down my throat just piss me off sometimes. I can’t post pictures the way I was because that feature isn’t available to me now, yet others are telling me that they still can. Beta is not better, those fuckwits have made nothing better for me. Grrrrrr.
….
I pay a yearly fee (twenty bucks) to Yahoo for a bigger mailbox because I store so much there. And they don’t screw with me and make me change things. My mailbox still looks and acts the same as it has for years, and without ads. I would pay a yearly fee to have a blog like that also, instead of people thinking they are making everything more wonderful for me. Most of my software is old, I’m still using Office 79, it works for me, I don’t need newer ‘improved’ features, I just want to communicate with the fucking world.…. Make something I can use without there always being a learning curve. Make something right the first time and then stop fucking with it. I’ll pay a reasonable fee for that. Take your riches and go sit on a fucking beach and leave me alone, play with your fried minds in some other fashion…… Asshats. (PS… Thanks for the free blog Godfuckingdamnit
….
I've never come across a good idea that I didn't steal. Here is one from Pam’s site. She is thirty-eight years old and listed 38 facts about herself. Any of you up to that?
….
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!' – Dave Barry
….
The banquet was about to begin when the master of ceremonies was informed that the clergyman invited to give the blessing was unable to attend. He asked the main speaker if he would oblige, and the man agreed. He began, "There being no clergyman present, let us thank God."
….
Spirituality is finding a purpose for being here, even if it is to get angry and bitch about how the world is.
….
Hugs and Peace. BBC

17 comments:

BBC said...

You’ll have to excuse my low tolerance for condensation. LOL

BBC said...

I wish they would just make something we can use and then stop screwing with it. But fucking programmers can't turn their sorry ass brains off. It's how they justify their sorry ass lives.

I'm trying to install a cool hit counter but I can't make it show up. Grrrrr..

Asshats
Fuckwits
Godfuckingdamnit

Mary said...

I agree. I get tired of learning all the crap.

FreakyNick said...

It's the way of the capitalist world. Make it "bigger, better, more features". All products get upgrades, even when nobody requested it.

Programmers aren't so bad, I did software development for 10 years, best job I ever had, but I quickly grew tired of all the new "version" shit, as soon as you finish a project, they would throw new hosts and more storage at it and demand better features. Its not the programmers, its was the idiots bosses, who knew nothing about software, who demanded new versions.

Yahoo! Mail will soon be upgrading their mail software's user interface, it's only months away.

The only thing that stays the same is that everything is constantly changing, it's called evolution.

**** slap ****** #*@&*%@

Try to smile today.

BIG SMILE back at ya. ;-D

none said...

I'm having major picture issues as well. I'm trying to post the entries for my picture of hammer contest but the shitbags won't let me.

Anonymous said...

Good morning all... ;-)

BBC I was up to Pam's challenge. But I had to make it 40... and well I won't tell you how many you'll have to write.. ;-)

Like that quote by Bave Barry..why do you think that I adore my dogs..I like them a lot more than a few people I know.

Blogger has been a pain for the past few days...AGREE but I also agree that I'm technically challenged so who am I to say that they're not doing their jobs by trying to improve stuff. I don't see what's better about Beta though. Seems to me it was simpler before.. I don't know...

Being off work has helped me get better... I'm quite happy about that.. ;-)

Talk to you later.. Honey needs my attention.. ;-)

xoxoxox

Gracie said...

I share your frustration, BBC. It's taken me forever to work out the glitches (what a word) in beta and I miss the old format that was easy plus dependable. The older I get, the harder it is to accept all these changes.

I hate that it's harder to adjust, GRRRR!

Pam's post was awesome. I'm willing to give it a shot..........

Hugs!

BBC said...

Nick.... I know that Yahoo Mail has a new format but I can't use it as I'm running Windows Me and you need XP to use it.

If I did have XP I wouldn't be afraid to try their new format, they don't fuck up everything like Blogger does.

I think that Yahoo will let me keep using the old format, they have always been good about that.

BBC said...

Nick, you said.. "ts not the programmers, its was the idiots bosses, who knew nothing about software, who demanded new versions."

Okay, but why? I don't see any money in it for them. Hell, the blogs are free. And I'm not allowing ads.

I think I will just move to another blog server rather than keep putting up with these fuckwits. I'll check that out some.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I can’t post pictures the way I was because that feature isn’t available to me now
I lost my entire formatting thingy, picture upload and all, when I went to beta. Try going to your dashboard>settings>basic, then scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says "show compose mode for all your blogs?" Even if it says "yes" in that little box to the right, click that down arrow just to the right of it, click "yes" again, then click "save settings." It brought mine back.

Email storage. You get 2790 MB's free w/o flashy ads, and it seems like they raise it every week. If you don't have a google email account, email me at dpraay@gmail.com, give me your email addy, and I'll send you an "invite" to get a google email. Warning: the compose interface is so fucked up you may end up mailing from the beer church.:) But you can fwd shit there, and stick it in a corner.

If it makes the suffering any better/easier, you're far from alone. Google is King of the bigger and better new and improved Turd Piles.

Mystical Me said...

YEAH!! Well said!!
I hope all is well!! Love, MM XOXO

BBC said...

The Future Was Yesterday .. Thank you for your help, but it didn't help. I even changed it from yes to no, and then back to yes again, and it's still the same.

I don't want a Google email account thank you, not as bad as they screw things up.

I have Outlook Express on my computer, three Yahoo accounts, and a Hotmail account, that is enough.

Sewmouse said...

Link to List

It would appear your friend Dana had a LOT of other names.

Why would someone do that? Publish the same basic genre under a lot of names? I can understand in the case of Dr. Mertz who writes Gothic Romances as "Barbara Michaels" and archaeologically-based murder mysteries as "Elizabeth Peters" - different name for different genre's , but why a plethora of names for one genre?

BBC said...

Sewmouse.. I have no idea hon. Maybe an agent suggested doing that to collect an audience that wasn't into the Author.

It is an interesting series of books telling the story of the settling of America starting with picking up the very first person to be collected for the first organized wagon train going west and ending with the formation of the Great Northwest.

Also tells of what is called the 'Holt' empire, a family that had a lot of influence in early America.

As for Michener, I think that 'The Drifters' should be required reading for every young person.

But what do I know, I just like to fucking babble a lot. :-)
Hugs.

paris said...

I think I'll stay with what I got till they get the bugs out of beta...I like being adventurous but if I can write or post then I can't be what I want to be in blogger...and I'll be on the pissed off list with the rest of yeahs....

Anonymous said...

IMHO...don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short and too much fun to do so...worse comes to worse it keeps you learning which keeps your brain young...or it'll drive you to drink either all good in my book lol hugs:P

BBC said...

Snowball.. The thing is hon, I have much better and more important things to learn than a blog that is always fucking changing.

Hugs.