Saturday, December 23, 2006

A room with a view











The water view is looking out the North window of my room. Victoria, Canada is out there, eighteen miles North. The mountain view is from the South side deck. I’ll write more about that when I return from my retreat, I’m just here for a bit.
….
Kirsten …. I’ll have you know young lady, that I trim my nose, ear, and eye brow hairs. And all my socks match. And I even vacuumed yesterday, so *sticking my tongue out at ya*… LOL
….
Research has shown that married men live longer than single men. So, for all you single men out there... If you want a sloowww painful death ...

While the spirit of Christmas is giving, I think the giving is done wrong. Toys given to children that have too much now, adults buying each other things they don’t really need. The giving should be to the truly poor, I said it that way because I exclude the lazy poor that think most everything should be handed to them, or the stupid poor that keep screwing up their lives with drugs and such, it should be given to the roughly thirty thousand a day that die of starvation. Oh hell, never mind, no one really cares. Have a Merry Fucking Monkey Christmas. Don’t ask yourselves, “Who would Jesus (or any spirit) give to?”
….
Why you never question a drunk........
A woman was shopping at her local supermarket where she selected:
a half-gallon of 2% milk,
a carton of eggs,
a quart of orange juice,
a head of romaine lettuce,
a 2 lb. can of coffee and
a 1 lb. package of bacon.

As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind her, with his 2 six packs of beer, watched as she placed the items in front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up her purchases, the drunk calmly stated,

"You must be single."

The woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but she was intrigued by the derelict's intuition, since she was indeed single. She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about her selections that could have tipped off the drunk to her marital status. Curiosity getting the better of her, she said "Well, you know what, you're absolutely correct. But how on earth did you know that?"

The drunk replied, " ' Cause you're ugly."
….
I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. -Edward Everett Hale
….
If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything. -Allyson Jones
….
The worst barbarity of war is that it forces men collectively to commit acts against which individually they would revolt against with their whole being. -Ellen Key (Herd mentality)
….
I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God. -Helen Keller
….
We say that we care about the war, but we don't even really know what we're fighting for. -Scott Ritter
….
If, finally, violence meets with violence, we have confirmation of the age old adage that war though it kills many men, makes many more men evil. -Fritz Medicus
….
I see that the world is still a piece of shit, back to my room and retreat now.. BBC

4 comments:

none said...

Good quotes.

However, man is never going to stop going to war it's somehow ingrained in our nature.

The other problem is that is does no good to be an isolationist because before too long the horde will be on our doorstep and we will
be forced to fight on our own turf.

The world is crazy and the only thing we can do is to try to contain the insanity and make it costly for those who make trouble.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Wish you a Merry Christmas, Billy.
Relax and forget the troubled people around for a while.

Marie's Two Cents said...

You had to go rent a motel room for that? lol

Well have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Dont have to much fun with Johnny, and Jose, they can have a bad affect on some.

Make it a safe Holiday :-)

Sewmouse said...

Happy Winter Holiday, BBC

Hope your retreat is refreshing.