I’ll tell about the bike at the bottom of this post…. But first.Jesse Jackson got out of the shower and was drying off when he looked in the mirror and noticed he was white from the neck up to the top of his head. In sheer panic and fearing he really was turning white and might have to start working for a living, he called his doctor and told him of his problem. The doctor
advised him to come to his office immediately. After an examination, the doctor mixed a concoction of brown liquid, gave it to Jesse, and told him to drink it all. Jesse did and replied, "That tasted like bull shit!" The doctor replied, "It was, Jesse. You were a quart low."
This Memorial Day, the religious right will launch one of the most outrageous campaigns to date in their war on science: the $27 million “Creation Museum” in Petersburg, Kentucky.
The “Museum,” which was built by the religious right organization Answers in Genesis (AiG), is dedicated to the falsehood that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, claims that humans and dinosaurs coexisted a few thousand years ago, and has but one goal: to institutionalize the lie that science supports these fairytales.
Click here to sign our petition opposing the “Creation Museum” and demand that AiG cease its campaign to confuse our children and undermine scientific understanding.
Sign the petition here
Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows
rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.
The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud
noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but
quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid.
Linda is a blonde and a Christian Republican, but that could be irrelevant.
A lady that lives in town sent me an email asking if I had been to the Esprit convention going on downtown, I seldom go downtown except to have a meal at the Cornerhouse Café sometimes. That’s the cross dressers, mostly men dressing up like women, and they have a convention here every year. No, I didn’t go, it’s just a bunch of monkeys screwing around. I don’t care if they do that, it doesn’t offend me, I’m just not interested enough to go join in their monkeying around.
At the peace rally yesterday the president of the local chapter of the Insane Chicks Society showed up, she is back from her winter job in California and we talked for a while. Actually, I like her but the relationship we tried to put together last year was confusing to both of us. I’ve gotten very complex so I understand that, and now she does. I’ve demoted her too vice president of the local chapter of the Insane Chicks Society as I know another lady that is even more screwed up than she is, so I’ve promoted her to president. Anyway, we may get together for a walk on the trail next week.
So as I said yesterday, I mounted the cute little gas motor on an eighteen speed bike and yesterday I gave it a pretty good test of about ten miles, it works much better than the first bike that I mounted on the front wheel. I mounted my handheld GPS unit on it to use as a speedometer and it ticks along on the flat at 15 MPH and goes up most hills at about ten MPH and I expect to get around a hundred miles out of a gallon of gas. I’m pleased with the mount I made so I will remove it and sandblast and paint it. Maybe, but then I may decide to try something else, I’m interested in rigging up a three speed hub to get higher speeds even though 15 MPH is maybe fast enough on a bike.
It got plenty of interest at the peace rally and other folks would like to have one like it so I may make some more of them. A few folks suggested patenting it but as a sometimes inventor I’ve had experience with that process and find it to be pain in the butt. Motorized bikes have been around for ages so I doubt that a person could get a patent on something so simple anyway. Besides, I’m not out to make money, just make the world a better place. I don’t care who copies the design and makes their own, or hundreds of them.
Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

3 comments:
BBC
Don't worry if you don't get all my posts, I'm heavy on the pop culture reference. The post you commented on uses a speech from Kill Bill to compare Steve Jobs's power over his BOD to a yakuza boss.
And no, I don't own a hummer, it's just a persona.
Oh, well I've never followed pop culture much.
I mean, there are so many of them, I don't have the time.
Post a Comment