Wednesday, May 09, 2007

You think so?

The picture is some kind of a fishing float I found on the beach yesterday. It’s about ten inches across, made of some kind of plastic.

Hey, is my butt getting bony? Yeah, I think you’re right. Yesterday when I was at the store for a new bike tire, ring a dingy bell, and toolbox I also bought a gel bike seat cover, not sure it is all it should be though. The bell is for warning folks on the trail that I’m coming up behind them. When you are walking and a quite bike zooms past you all of a sudden it can give you a bit of a fright.

An Amish woman was driving her buggy to town when a highway patrol officer stopped her.

"I'm not going to cite you," said the officer. "I just wanted to warn you that the reflector on the back of your buggy is broken and it could be dangerous."

"I thank thee," replied the Amish lady. "I shall have my husband repair it as soon as I return home."

"Also," said the officer. "I noticed one of your reins to your horse is wrapped around his testicles. Some people might consider this cruelty to animals, so you should have your husband check that also."

"Again I thank thee. I shall have my husband check both when I get home." she replied.

True to her word, when the Amish lady got home she told her husband about the broken reflector and he said he would put a new one on immediately.

"Also," said the Amish woman, "the policeman said there was something wrong with the emergency brake."

I know that I talk about my pickup a lot but I don’t use it unless I have to, I walk, bike, use my electric scooter and have a Honda 150 scooter if I need highway speeds. Today I’m taking my girly bike out for a run, I tested it the other day when I got it even though the tires looked like they would pop as soon as I put air in them and I noticed that the three speed unit wasn’t working. But yesterday I put new tires on it, tightened the spokes and checked, cleaned, lubed, and adjusted all the bearings on it.

When I took the three-speed hub apart enough to check and lube the bearings a small piece fell out and I installed it the way I thought it should go, but when I tested the bike it still didn’t work. This three speed hub is different than my other bike so I took it apart again and turned it around, it still didn’t work. Hum, I figure that someone had this hub apart before and got something in the wrong place and that is why it wasn’t working when I first tested the bike.

So I took it apart again, studied how it should work and messed with it for about an hour before deciding that the small part belonged on the inside of a planetary housing, not on the outside of it like it was. Then I had to figure out how to get it in there but once I did it worked just fine. It’s a good stout hub and I’m pleased with the gear ratios in it. I also put a luggage rack on the back, and a plastic toolbox to carry things in, parts, tools, rain gear, etc.

Ya, know, I have a gas scooter I bought a few years ago, that goes about twenty miles an hour that I have never rode but once to test it because it doesn’t have a seat, you have to stand up on it. I can’t picture me drinking a few beers and driving that scooter around. LOL

The cool thing about this scooter is that it isn’t one of those noisy little two-cycle bastards that the kids ride around on. It has a quite, less polluting four-cycle engine on it and gets over a hundred MPG. Yeah, you know what I’m thinking of doing don’t you?

Interested in my bike ride of yesterday? Keep reading. At 5:30 am I was sitting on a large cement block on the Olympic trail. Mind you, this trail is peaceful and only foot traffic and bikes and horses are allowed on it. Only peaceful people use it, and few at that it seems, anyway, I was sitting on that block eating a McDonalds sausage biscuit and some coffee that I brought from home and looking at the …….. fog. It’s okay, I’m often in my own thoughts there anyway.

Well, I did see a seal go by as the visibility was about a thousand feet, and a few geese. And one of those high-speed bikers went by, the ones that speed along as fast as they can instead of just enjoying the day like I do. He had one of those blinking red LED lights on the back of his seat, it looked like his asshole was blinking. Boy, I don’t want to think about a red light district there. I’ll keep it in mind to put my light in a different location in case there is some whacko on the trail packing K-Y Jelly. LOL

Everybody keeps asking how a madman in Virginia Tech got a hold of a gun. How come nobody is asking how a madman in Washington started a war?

Remember, it’s a great life if ya don’t weaken. It’s laundry day here at Polly’s Honky Tonk Saloon and Whorehouse, gotta get the day started…. Hugs…. BBC

1 comment:

dawn said...

Thats one big floater. Never saw one that big. Thanks for the comments , feeling a little better but not 100% but what are you gonna do. Have a great day.