"Man: An animal whose chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth and Canada." -Ambrose Bierce (1842-disappearance in 1914)
"Woman: An animal... having a rudimentary susceptibility to domestication... The species is the most widely distributed of all beasts of prey... the woman is omnivorous and can be taught
not to talk." -Ambrose Bierce
"We need not worry so much about what man descends from-it's what he descends to that shames the human race." -Mark Twain
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. -Ashleigh Brilliant
I got my stove setup in the shop and built a fire in it yesterday. Yup, its butt ugly, so ugly that I’m not going to post a picture of it, but hey, it’s in my shop and I don’t care what Martha Stewart would think of it. I put it together for just a few dollars and it works just fine. There is a layer of sand in the bottom of it, and a layer of firebrick. It’s a box heater and the fifteen gallon barrel on top of it acts as an extra heat exchanger, there is a baffle in it. A lot of people wouldn’t want such a stove, but there are also people that would be envious of it. Hell, there are people that would kill for it. Anyway, it’s good enough for the shop for now, and good enough for me. I’d rather put my money in new materials for the camper. I may not have a lot of money, but I have all these tools and I’m very handy and like to be comfortable, and it hasn’t always got to be pretty. If I want pretty I’ll go look at nature, or women on the beach.
For nine years I have pretty much ignored my needs while helping others, I’m not going to do that so much anymore. Oh, someone gave me a ceiling fan that I put in the shop, that may help some also. People are always giving me stuff, I’m a pretty nice guy in person, when I’m not on this blog bitching about humanity.
Kirsten…. The trailer isn’t a hobby, you think so much like so many others. It will become my retreat, it’s just that I have to make it that. I need a place besides my home to retreat too. Hugs.
Paris…. I like simple and easy to maintain, but not too primitive. When I’m done with it the camper will require a little work, like to pressurize the water system and such, but I don’t mind a little work. And it will have a microwave oven and such if I’m around electricity, but not a lot of electronic crap like newer campers have in them. I want things to work when they need to work and I know how to do those things. I don’t worry about fancy meals and someone having to do a lot of work when out enjoying nature, I like to keep things simple. More pictures as I go along. Hugs.
A post Hammer wrote reminded me of something. I once bought a car and fixed it up for my wife’s parents and gave it to them. I didn’t do it because I wanted them to be my friends, they where idiots. He was dumber than a fence post and while she had been to collage she was still stupid. And one of the worse housekeepers I’ve known, there was just trails through their place and the floors ‘paths’ where black. Luckily my wife wasn’t like that. She wasn’t all that smart but at least she was a pretty good housekeeper. I gave them the car because I felt sorry for them, they ruined it in just a few months. I didn’t do that again.
And we never did become friends, and I didn’t care. She had her own car, she was free to go visit them any time she liked, but I didn’t go with her. I got along pretty well with her brothers though. Well, one was a real drunk and I beat him up once, I didn’t like a drunk picking on my kids, but that is another story.
Scott Adam’s posted about freewill again yesterday. Just give it up Scott, jails everywhere are full of people that believe in freewill. As if there really should be such a thing, we have to live by rules, that precedes freewill. Complete freewill that is because there is no such thing unless of course you don’t want to live for long. Any questions?
I’m cooking dinner for a hundred people this afternoon, guess I had better plan on a nap first. If you are a bit new to this blog maybe you will find and earlier post of mine interesting.
Good Sex
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
G'morning BBC
Hope your day goes well.
(I can't believe I got the first comment in before you did!)
Good morning Hon, I hope that your day is great also. We are supposed to get a cold snap here but it hasn't happened yet.
A good news story
Damn straight BBC. I had the same intentions when I did the car thing. Mine just worked out better.
Most of the time acts of kindness gets me shit upon. But I don't stop doing good things I just buy an umbrella.
Hammer just made a great point. And I like all your posts, even if I don't always comment.
Post a Comment