


On most Wednesday’s about four in the afternoon I go over to Rick’s custom upholstery shop for a couple of beers and some bullshit.
He is currently working on a 56 Pontiac that he has already done the top and seats on, next are the door panels. The VW bug just came in today, it’s being restored by a man here that specializes in them but he has Rick do the interiors. Rick also has a 56 Packard in the shop that he is doing a complete interior on.
Rick’s shop is one cool place to hang out if you like old cars. In a few months there will be an old Hupmobile showing up. This man doesn’t even advertise, it’s all word of mouth.
I can’t even sew a straight line yet this drunken friend of mine did the interior in the car that is currently taking all the top honors in the prestigious national car shows for best custom interior, go figure. I’ll post pictures of it at another time.

5 comments:
Nice. I want to restore my own VW again. I love old cars I guess cause I grew up in a body shop.
You'd be suprised how many functioning drunks there are out there that can do amazing things after getting ripped.
How do you think I write my blog? LOL
Hammer.... That comment was just too fucking funny. Stop making me laugh so hard. LOL
i have a praticular passion for old cadillacs. i have had seven of them. the oldest being a 67 coupe.
i`ve had to sell them all as i ran out of room and i couldn`t afford gas and insurance.
my favorite was my 69 coupe. limo black with tan brockade interior. and a blonde girl in the passenger seat.
i sold the car to the president of the stockholm cadillac collectors club. the girl walked off one day of her own accord.
i don`t blame her. nobody likes realtors.
i will have another caddy soon. a 2007 dts.
no real estate sales though......
blondes still make me look.
Ah, Alistair. I've owned many great cars. A favorite was a 64 Chrysler convertible.
I've only owned one Cad, a 56 sedan deville. It was a beautiful car but that son of a bitch fifty dollared me to death.
There is one Cad that I would love to own and restore. A 64 coupe deville, I love the lines on them.
I tend to keep my rigs for a long time anymore. I moved here with a 78 Merc Zeper Z7. It was the first car I called the Pissant Express.
A lot of people don't know it but they where on a Mustang chassis. It had a 302 and at the time I bought it I owned a parts house.
Take my word for it that it was turned into one hell of a road runner.
That car would hum along all day long at a 120 and not even work up a sweat. Selling it broke it's heart, it died a few months later.
Oh well, now I drive a Dodge, but I got a really good deal on it and it loves me and serves me well.
I had a 62 sedan deville. It's on my web page banner. I really liked it but I didn't have the money to restore it fast enough. The cops towed it when I was out of town one time due to lack of tags. By the time I got backm the impound fees were up to several hundred dollars.
damn assholes...
Post a Comment